SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Hell and Everlasting Punishment, Part 2: Blackness of Darkness Forever

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Hell and Everlasting Punishment, Part 2: Blackness of Darkness Forever

Hell and Everlasting Punishment
Part 2: Blackness of Darkness Forever

"Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever." (Jude 13). God says in 1 Samuel 2:9: "the wicked shall be silent in darkness." They will be so stunned and dumbfounded with the condition in which they find thmeselves that they will be speechless. Psalm 49:19 says, "they shall never see light." Peter speaks concerning the wicked: "to whom the mist of darkness is reserved forever." (2 Peter 2:17).

Think of a place without the sun, moon, stars: without an electric light, lamp light, or candlelight but forever darkness. Think also of people being like "wandering stars," going round and round stumbling in the darkness, totally alone, forever and ever. Groping blindly for anything and finding nothing. This is the reservation of the wicked. Thinking of this is so awful the mind cannot dwell upon it very long.

Jesus spoke of those who "loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." (John 3:19), and since they hate the light and do not come into the light, they get darkness forever. Jesus also spoke of those who "shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 8:12).

"The vague and tenuous hope that God is too kind to punish the ungoldy has become a deadly opiate for the consciences of millions."
-A.W. Tozer

"The most dreadful torment of the lost, in fact that which constitutes their state of torment, will be this coming to themselves, when too late for repentance."
-H. Alford

The true light is shining right now, may God help us all come to it before the day is spent.

"You and I can never imagine all the depths of hell. Shut out from us by a black veil of darkness, we cannot tell the horrors of that dismal dungeon of lost souls. Happily, the wailings of the damned have never startled us, for a thousand tempests were but a maiden’s whisper, compared with one wail of a damned spirit. It is not possible for us to see the tortures of those souls who dwell eternally within an anguish that knows no alleviation. These eyes would become sightless balls of darkness, if they were permitted for an instant to look into that ghastly shrine of torment. Hell is horrible, for we may say of it, eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man to conceive the horrors which God hath prepared for them that hate him."
-C.H. Spurgeon

"We have underestimated the total war to which the devil has committed his horde of demons and men alike? Is it not true that cataracts have formed over our eyes (maybe with watching too much T.V.) so that we have completely misjudged the horror of that eternal hell to which at this moment millions of souls are marching? Does such a picture stir your soul and stab your conscience? Are you sleeping at the price of another's peril? Recently, when a hunting dog ferreted into a pile of rocks and was trapped, men fought with cold, rain, and fatigue for two days and nights to find the entombed dog. Are not men more than dogs? Will men be entombed in hell forever because you were playing instead of praying?"
-Leonard Ravenhill

2005/6/16 13:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Hell and Everlasting Punishment, Part 2: Blackness of Darkness Forever

"Beloved, the eternal torment of men is no joy to God."
-Spurgeon

Hell does exist brethren let us not cover up its reality.

2005/6/17 12:26Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

As I am learning of Jesus Christ and He is revealing more and more, it is my hope and prayer He shares such things more and more with other seekers. Hell is a hard subject, and the very thought is offensive to so many unbelievers. I believe one of the biggest hurdles bible christians have to overcome, one of the stumbling blocks, is to see what wrong ideas of hell do we have, that have come from Greek mythology, old wives tales, cartoons, etc, and what it is in reality. As I asked God to show me what this hard reality is, my eyes have seen new things, He has taken out the Greek mythology lies and proven He is loving, righteous, and gracious, not sadistic and torturous. I hope He guides your search through this hard issue also, and Truth is opened up. Jesus Christ is Truth, we need more and more!

2005/7/9 20:10Profile

A Vision of Hell that God gave me

I have 7 minutes to type this:

I was reflecting on the life of the artist Wesley Willis, (you can look him up on Google) I was briefly acqaunted (sp!) with Wesley during the mid 80's in Chicago, and then I came out to LA.

Wesley became an unlikely "star"/media darling, etc etc.

He was a tormented soul, tormented and hounded by demons, and he died last year.

about a week ago, he came into my heart, and I was thinking about him...sad, and God shoed me Wesley in a cavern, dark, no sound....and he showed me Wesley's face, dreadfully unhappy, and he was sitting on a rock ledge in this dark cavern, dreadfully alone...forever. Nothing to do, no one to love, no one to talk to.

This is hell.

and when I read this post, I was reminded of this awful vision of the fate of Wesley Willis.

we gotta preach like we're down in hades making one last plea...thats the way we gotta preach.
with tears and with groans, pleading the lost to wake up

2005/7/9 20:19
rocklife

usa

Re: A Vision of Hell that God gave me

Neilgin, I hope because of your lack of time you may have overlooked some important things. Prayerfully, I must add I believe we need more than emotional pleas, we need prayer, real witness of Christ in our own lives (being doers, not just hearers), and help others see sin (a good starting point towards repentance), because sin is death. I am sure you mean well here, but we need more than emotional bargaining.

Sinners, blind sin loving sinners, need to see sin, the bible says sin brings death, the punishment of sin is death. I see the 10 commandments as a great starting point, Paul says the Law taught him what sin was. Stealing, lying, murder, sex out of marriage, idolatery, is offensive to God, and His penalty for sin is death. Jesus magnifies God's Law further, saying if we hate our brother we commit murder, if we lust we commit adultery.

Start here, start with teaching sin, and pray for their salvation. Harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few, says Jesus. Let's work with God as He sees fit and with His power and leading of the Holy Spirit of Jesus (the real Jesus, not a fantasy one).

2005/7/9 20:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy