SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A question about Baal worship

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

In my observation people who live in rebellion are not logical or sensible, making it impossible for sensible people to make sense of their stupid decision - like Baal worship that utilized child sacrifice in their worship. To answer your question I would say the devil blinded their emotions of pity, compassion to where they were hardened enough to accept the torture that led to the killing of their children. Too bad the Baal priests and their followers where not afforded the same treatment...wonder why? See how much fun that is..

My opinion.

Sandra

2017/7/5 14:14Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sandra wrote:

"To answer your question I would say the devil blinded their emotions of pity, compassion to where they were hardened enough to accept the torture that led to the killing of their children."

Unfortunately, this is still occurring today. There exists an elite group of individuals all over the world who participate in this activity. If you noticed lately, all of a sudden there is story after story of child predators being arrested. There was a story about 3 months ago in Los Angeles where children were found locked up in cages. The story aired for one day only. The powers that be have tried to silence these events.

Even the Pope's right hand man, a Cardinal in Australia was just arrested for savage behavior.

2017/7/5 14:37Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: A question about Baal worship

Quote:
by TMK
Yes Lysa but burning their children to death? They knew what they were doing was wrong.

I'd like for you to explain how you know that they knew they were doing wrong?

2017/7/5 14:44Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I was just reading in 2 Kings how Josiah's workmen uncovered a copy of Torah while they were cleaning out the temple. The impression given is that many many years (generations?) did not have access to the written law. Josiah was appropriately freaked out because he realized that none of the law and in particular Passover had not been observed for years and years. It seems hard to believe that this was the only copy of the Torah available but that it had been misplaced.

Still, it would exceedingly generous to say the Israelites turned to Baal because they didn't know any better.

Of course we have Bibles all over the place in the US and look how far we have fallen. Apparently having the written word is not enough.

2017/7/5 14:46Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//I'd like for you to explain how you know that they knew they were doing wrong? //

We are talking about Israelites, not canaanites. For that matter I'd even say the canaanites knew it was wrong.

2017/7/5 14:49Profile
Sree

Re: A question about Baal worship

Quote:

What was so very attractive about Baal worship to the Israelites? In other words, did they perceive some benefit? I have a hard time understanding the attraction.

I think the answer is in one of the verses that you quoted.

Quote:

There they burned incense on all the high places, like the nations whom the Lord had carried away before them;

They were attracted to Baal worship by the nations surrounding them that worshipped Baal. I came from Hindu faith in India. I have seen how the Christians in India have lot of Hindu practices in their life. When they buy a new home, they bring a cow into the house first. They check for auspicious days from Hindu priests. Some even place some Hindu Idols in their home. These are regular Church goers who profess Christianity.

How did they become like this? They were influenced by their Hindu neighbors. When something good happen to a Hindu neighbor because they worshiped a cow, then even these Christians bring a cow to their home expecting the same material blessings as the Hindu receives. The same can be said about Hindu Idols.

Same way when Israelites observed that Baal was blessing their neighboring nations, then they too wanted to be part of Baal worship. Baal did not give them any difficult commandments to follow. Baal did not expect them to follow the 10 commandments. All that was needed is some external sacrifices, which are easy.

2017/7/5 16:09Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Sree- I get what you are saying but Baal wasn't blessing anyone, was he? (Because he doesn't exist?)

I really think that something about the practice of Baal worship drew them- likely the sexual perversion

2017/7/5 18:12Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Sree- I get what you are saying but Baal wasn't blessing anyone, was he? (Because he doesn't exist?)

It is actually not Baal or any Hindu God that blesses people. It is actually the one and only true living God who blesses people. But when a Christian sees a Hindu neighbor being blessed, he will try to worship the same God whom the neighbor worshiped.

Quote:

I really think that something about the practice of Baal worship drew them- likely the sexual perversion

Yes it can be. I am only posting my opinion based on my observation of Indian Christians who are influenced by Hindu Gods. Having seen these things, it is very easy for me to believe that Israelites who saw so many mighty works of God, still went behind idols like Baal.

2017/7/5 18:27Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by TMK
We are talking about Israelites, not canaanites. For that matter I'd even say the canaanites knew it was wrong.

It's always easy to pass judgment on a prior generation but this is what the Bible says:

And also all that generation were gathered unto their fathers: and there arose another generation after them, which knew not the LORD, nor yet the works which he had done for Israel. ~ Judges 2:10

2017/7/5 19:06Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

But how then do you deal with Romans 1?

2017/7/5 21:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy