SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : A New (to me) take on imprecatory Psalms

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

A New (to me) take on imprecatory Psalms

I've always had trouble dealing with the imprecatory Psalms (you know, the ones where David asks God to send curses down on his enemies). The difficulty lies in applying them in a New Covenant perspective as we are supposed to love our enemies and do good to those who curse us.

But I was reading one of these Psalms today and the thought popped in my head that if instead of human enemies (I don't really have any personally- that I am aware of) we can apply them to vices that grip us- more specifically the demons behind them.

David had people trying to kill him; we probably don't have this at least in the west but there are dark forces plotting every minute how to take us down, ruin our testimony, make our hearts grow cold etc. if we think of these things when reading imprecatory Psalms they make a lot more sense.

Anyway, y'all have probably already figured this out but perhaps a reminder was in order.

2017/6/26 14:50Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: A New (to me) take on imprecatory Psalms

Amen brother, great thought there. Demons are very active and we blame the flesh and humans, but maturity at times can see beyond the physical.

Ephesians 6:12 New International Version (NIV)

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

2017/6/26 15:21Profile

Re: A New (to me) take on imprecatory Psalms

amazing...ive been praying that way for a long time...
didnt know anyone else did that..

2017/6/29 23:58

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy