SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : If we don't need the Bible then why.......

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

If we don't need the Bible then why.......

I was looking at the other thread regarding the holy kiss command. In the midst of that discussion it was asserted that Christians did not need the Bible to live by. I got kind of lost in the discussion. So I don't know if I'm portraying the posters assertion correctly.

My question is if we do not need the Bible. And if Christ Alone is sufficient who rules in our heart. Then why do our persecuted brothers and sisters request copies of the scriptures? Why are believers in North Korea willing to risk their lives to own a copy of the precious scriptures?

Can anyone in the Forum answer this. It would seem that if Christ Alone is adequate. Then why risk one's life to own a copy of the scriptures in a restricted Nation where it is forbidden?

Bro Blaine

2017/6/21 12:51
proudpapa

Re: If we don't need the Bible then why.......

RE : ///... And if Christ Alone is sufficient who rules in our heart...///

Jesus Himself when tempted relied on the Scriptures.

If Jesus when tempted relied on the Scriptures,
how much more important is it for us to rely on the Scriptures when we are trying to discern what we hear ?

John ch 5:47
But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

2017/6/22 0:02Profile
Sree

Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word [k]of Christ.

Many people wrongly interpret this as reading Bible. No it is not just reading but hearing directly from Christ. Bible is just one way in which God speaks to us. When we read the Bible, we have to be willing to hear what God speaks to us through the word. Not just hold on to every word literally. Hence Bible is very important as God speaks to us through it.

But that is not the only way. God should be able to speak to us through the Holy Spirit during the everyday walk of life.

Now if anyone comes saying God spoke this to them in private but it is not in line with scripture, then it has to be discarded because God cannot contradict himself. This is where scripture is very useful.

So it is worth for us to be persecuted for holding on to scripture.

2017/6/22 11:12Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Blaine, I did not read the thread you are talking about but based on this post I think....

My opinion is that people who declare one does not need the Bible have no clue what it does to the Believer - makes me think they know nothing about the rich blessings contained therein for the getting. The scriptures provides one with stability,confirmation for what the Holy Spirit is teaching a body. Plus a whole lot more, a lot more.

I suspect the Believers in restricted countries know something the western folks know nothing about.

Sandra

2017/6/22 11:36Profile

The professing Christians who are living in non-persecuted countries rarely read the Holy Bible but the believers in persecuted countries will risk their life just to have a copy of the Holy Bible...

2017/6/22 15:02

Re:

•••The professing Christians who are living in non-persecuted countries rarely read the Holy Bible but the believers in persecuted countries will risk their life just to have a copy of the Holy Bible...•••

Makes me wonder...

But then the persecuted believers know more of the reality of Christ than we in the West do.

Bro Blaine

2017/6/23 6:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy