SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Sermons | Live

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : WHEN WILL BROTHERLY LOVE COME OUT OF THE CLOSET?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

WHEN WILL BROTHERLY LOVE COME OUT OF THE CLOSET?

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

The Church reads this passage and points to many in our society: “look ye look ye … see what they are doing”. The group that I want to discuss here is the LGBT crowd. Many Christians apply this verse to what they are doing without realizing or being willing to humbly admit their own participation in the act. The Church justifiably complains: “They say “gay sex” is OK and they want us to agree with them. They are calling evil good. We cannot agree with them!”. Yet, in many aspects of this issue that Church joins up with the “macho world view”, and many things that God calls good, THE CHURCH CALLS EVIL! Without realizing it, The Church is catapulting many more into the gay lifestyle by calling godly innocent wholesome things evil that GOD DECLARES are good.

This very unequal scenario all started when society began to redefine things. I Corinthians 6: 9-10 gives a list of things that people do and explains that those who do those things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Verse 11 explains that such were some of them but that they had been washed, sanctified and justified. The list is simple:

1. Fornicators
2. Idolaters
3. Adulterers
4. Effeminate
5. Abusers of themselves with mankind (those who commit the sin of sodomy)
6. Thieves
7. Covetous
8. Drunkards
9. Revilers
10. Extortioners

Until the late 1800s and early 1900s, all of these were considered evil acts and those who were addicted to these evil acts needed to be washed, sanctified and justified. Once they were washed, sanctified and justified, the Christians considered them new creatures and accepted them as brothers and sisters of equal standing. In 1869 the term “homosexuality” was coined and our society started viewing numbers 4 & 5 of this list in a different way. Then began the division of categories: “homosexual” & “heterosexual” or “gay” & “straight”. Instead of viewing those sins as sinful acts that people were addicted to, our society attached to them the label of an “orientation”. Unfortunately, THE CHURCH swallowed the same poison and most western Christians view those sins through that crooked prism.

We view those who commit those sins as having an “orientation”. WE SAY that we don’t believe that people are “born that way” but we accept the “orientation” idea so strongly that we automatically assume that such a person is “wired” in that fashion, and even if they come to Jesus and get washed, sanctified and justified, the majority of western Christians still don’t fully trust their full conversion in the same way that they would trust the conversion of an alcoholic or a fornicator. The life that God has transformed and passed from darkness to light, we still consider evil. We join our society’s mantra: “once gay always gay” and continue to call good evil.

In other aspects of this issue, the church has joined this modern society in calling good evil. WE ARE SO FAR REMOVED from Biblical teaching! Brothers, PLEASE HEAR ME!

EXAMPLE #1

Acts 20:1 And after the uproar was ceased, Paul called unto him the disciples, and embraced them, and departed for to go into Macedonia.

Here’s the definition of embraced:

G782 ἀσπάζομαι aspazomai as-pad'-zom-ahee
From G1 (as a particle of union) and a presumed form of G4685; to enfold in the arms, that is, (by implication) to salute, (figuratively) to welcome: - embrace, greet, salute, take leave.
Total KJV occurrences: 60

We have swallowed the poison of our society and if we see two men embracing (enfolding each other in the arms) we join the world in calling what God calls GOOD evil! We associate men enfolding each other in the arms as being connected to the evil “sexual orientation”. We are not even comfortable enfolding each other in arms because we call that GOOD evil. A hand shake and maybe a swift pat on the back is supposed to suffice as our demonstration of fraternal love.

EXAMPLE #2

Acts 20:37 And they all wept sore, and fell on Paul's neck, and kissed him,

We have three things here: men weeping, falling on his neck, and kissing him. These Biblical concepts are SO FOREIGN to our “Westernized” minds that we generally reject these good things and label them as evil.

First of all, we associate men crying with effeminacy. What God calls GOOD we call evil.

Adam Clarke commentary describes this verse in this fashion:

Fell on Paul’s neck - Leaned their heads against his shoulders, and kissed his neck. This was not an unusual custom in the east.

Because of our deeply held “orientation” belief, we have labeled such actions clearly as “gay” EVIL!!! If a man affectionately leans his head against the shoulder of another man and plants a kiss on his neck, we automatically assume that he is making a sexual move or secretly desires to have sex with the man. Tell the truth and shame the devil! Our “Christianity” is SO twisted by our society’s “orientation indoctrination” that we cannot view such innocent actions with a pure heart. May God have mercy on us!

Consider these five admonitions from the New Testament:

Romans 16:16 - Salute one another with a holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
1Corinthians 16:20 - All the brothers greet you. Greet you one another with a holy kiss.
2Corinthians 13:12 - Greet one another with a holy kiss.
1Thesalonians 5:26 - Greet all the brothers with a holy kiss.
1Peter 5:14 - Greet you one another with a kiss of love. Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus. Amen.

We are SO TWISTED and warped in our thinking! Our society automatically assumes that any physical intimate affection between people of the same sex (especially men) is sexually inclined. We can never see anything holy about a kiss between two men. Are we supposed to conform our lives to what The Bible teaches or are we supposed to adjust the Bible teachings to fit our society? I have read such sickening arguments that totally deplete these passages of their meaning and reduce the acceptable salutations to a mere fist bump. If we add to or take away from God’s Word we are in grave danger!

Why do we literally accept the New Testament verses that explain the fact that the sodomite cannot inherit the Kingdom of Heaven (unless he repents) yet we refuse to accept literally this five times repeated admonition on salutations?

EXAMPLE #3

John 13:25 He then lying on Jesus' breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it?

Jesus the Holy Son of God was eating (as they did) in a reclined position. The disciple whom He loved was leaning his head on his breast. Study it out for yourself. If you were to see that happening in the USA in our day in time, would you call GOOD evil? Would you join the voices of the world and assume that Jesus and John must have secretly had something going on?

Paul admonished: “It is good for a man not to touch a woman.” (I Cor. 7:1) Because of the openness of sodomy in our society many have perverted that verse and adopted an ideology that it is good for a man not to touch a man. When we adopt that perversion of Biblical concepts we put ourselves in the camp of the “born that way” believers. We assume that some men are “wired” to love sex with other men; therefore, we should not even touch other men in a nonsexual physical expression of affection. Nothing could be farther from the truth! No human being is “wired” to love heroine, meth, nor any other addictive chemical. Once they give in to such temptations they become enslaved. You don’t stop giving them food and water because of their addiction. The lack of such needs would kill them off quicker.

In his book “Beyond The Shades of Gray”, Dean Bailey (delivered from sodomy) points out the fact that this lack of affection between men in our society is actually having a circular effect causing more men to fall into the trap of homosexuality. God made men to experience intimate physical affection with each other. Our “heterosexual society” has deprived its men of any such thing. Many men are afraid to put an arm around the shoulder of another man. They secretly desire innocent physical affection from other men. In God’s Word He calls all such affection GOOD but our society has labeled it all as “oriented toward same sex activity”. Then the trap springs: “I must be gay”, so they secretly begin to experiment with the gay thing and many get convinced “gay sex is OK” at that point when all they really needed initially was a lot of loving hugs and affection from other Christian brothers. But, we have labeled those things as evil. In doing so we are pushing men in the direction of the very thing that we claim to detest.

It may surprise you to know that about 100 years ago man to man affection was public and common in the USA. The photographic evidence is undeniable. On the website “The Art of Manliness” there is a page labeled “Bosom Buddies” that tells the whole story with plenty of photographic evidence.

For the past several months I have been gradually attempting to change my habits and my mentality in regards to physical contact with other men. I refuse to keep calling GOOD evil! Regardless of what our society has stipulated, brotherly love (as the Bible describes it) has got to come out of the closet.

2017/6/18 13:46Profile
yuehan

Re: WHEN WILL BROTHERLY LOVE COME OUT OF THE CLOSET?

I still get man hugs on occasions, so I guess I'm not faring too poorly ;)

Not sure if you've seen this - but I wrote extensively here on the LGBT deception infiltrating evangelical churches:

"The Trojan Horse of LGBT Concepts, and the Lack of Gospel Transformation"
http://img.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic_pdf.php?topic_id=58125&forum=35

Many evangelical churches have capitulated and have re-packaged worldly ideas as "Christian". By presenting a false Jesus and a false gospel of no hope, they are some of the most dangerous places for someone who struggles in this area.

It is interesting that many would rather believe the story of someone who says "my struggle is forever", and dismiss a testimony of total and complete freedom. But why the prejudice?

We need a restoration of gospel authority, and by faith I trust that God is doing that.

2017/6/19 10:02Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

THANKS FOR SHARING!!!

I had a super busy Monday and haven't been able to read it all, but the redefining of terms that was addressed in that thread is what has clouded up this issue for decades. I really appreciate the fact that you explained these issues so clearly in that thread. May God help the church to get Biblically focused on the issues so that we can fight the evil effectively!

In my thread I’m trying to draw attention to other redefining of terms in regards to physical affection between members of the same sex. What God calls GOOD we call evil. A kiss or an embrace between men is redefined as a wicked thing, when God calls it a HOLY thing. We are not discerning the difference between holy affections and vile affections.

Because of the redefining of terms in the “orientation indoctrination” Christians have been duped into thinking that hugs and kisses would harm a person who has been involved in sodomy. Holy godly Biblical physical affection between men will help bring about healing to those who have been in bondage to vile affections.

2017/6/20 10:37Profile

©2002-2017 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy