SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The United Methodist Church has appointed a transgender deacon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 The United Methodist Church has appointed a transgender deacon

The bishop spoke the traditional words as she placed her hands on the new deacon named M with just a slight difference from the way those words have always been spoken before.

“Pour out your Holy Spirit upon M,” the bishop said. “Send them now to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ, to announce the reign of God and to equip the church for ministry.”

Not “send him now” or “send her now.” “Send them now.”

That’s what M Barclay has been working for 12 years to finally hear.

Barclay, a transgender person who identifies as neither male nor female and thus uses the pronoun “they,” was commissioned on Sunday as the first non-binary member of the clergy in the United Methodist Church.

read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/06/07/the-united-methodist-church-just-appointed-a-transgender-deacon/?tid=ss_fb-amp&utm_term=.e8698849df4a

2017/6/17 17:56Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re: The United Methodist Church has appointed a transgender deacon

Disgusting... horrible! See what it a bishop says:

"Likewise, I hope the church will find itself at a new place in the near future when it comes to full inclusion."

Full inclusion of sin and immorality? And full exclusion of true believers and surely GOD Himself!

It is no different in Germany! Just found an article that is also from 7.06.17 - about a pastor, who is homosexual and wrote a book about it! Horrible!

I just wonder, why don't they quit the whole thing and say at least: "We do not need a Bible! We will do our own thing!" Because they do just the same now - but under the disguise of "love" and "faith" in God. Why the hypocrisy?!

Please, give your advices on how to stand up to this evil of our days! It is inevitable that of course we should be seen as mad and fanatical - doesn't matter! "A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring." (Proverbs 25:26)

"And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits." (Daniel 11:32)

“A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, ‘You are mad; you are not like us.'” ~ St. Anthony the Great

2017/6/17 19:31Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Perhaps this is part of the "falling away" deception where even the elect....

2017/6/17 19:53Profile
markuskiwi

New Zealand

Re:

This should not come as a surprise.
The following is straight from the UMC website:

"But how shall we go about our theological task so that our beliefs are true to the gospel and helpful in our lives? In John Wesley’s balanced and rigorous ways for thinking through Christian doctrine, we find four major sources or criteria, each interrelated. These we often call our “theological guidelines”: Scripture, tradition, experience, and reason."

They add to Scripture "tradition, experience, and reason"
Then we have a man made congregation which is not "built on a rock" therefore we have a man made outcome.
So let's be careful what we add to Scripture and how we deal with "traditions" and "experience" etc !

Jesus said: “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church,Matthew 16:17+18
He Himself builds the true "ekklesia" He will not fail and one day His bride will be spotless

2017/6/17 22:51Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I read this tonight:

Quote:
St. John Chrysostom ex- plains that the ‘withholding one’ is the lawful pious authority: such an authority fights with evil. For this reason the ‘mystery’ already at work in the world, fights with this authority; it desires a lawless authority. When the ‘mystery’ decisively achieves that authority, nothing will any longer hinder the appearance of Antichrist.”‘

What that speaks to me is that when we see ungodliness, lack of morality and true authority in the secular and also in the Church at the same time we know the coming of the antichrist is soon as he will assume control of both secular and religious authority.

2017/6/18 0:29Profile
emestiu

Earth

A Church that treats sin as righteousness is living in delusion...

2017/6/18 13:21Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

It is a simple and undeniable truth backed by observational science : human sex is binary. Gender comes from the word that means "kind". There are two kinds of people, sexually speaking : male and female. Any other concept of gender is an innovation by evil people and to embrace it is to promote the evil of it.

2017/6/18 22:37Profile

©2002-2017 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy