Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

I have been a supporter and prayer support for Gospel for Asia for I believe over 10 years. I have even an opportunity a few times to visit the work while in India. It has always been a privildge to feel to be a apart of what God is doing in the Church there.

Also SermonIndex therefore has supported the work of Gospel for Asia over the years also and still does.

2017/6/21 9:00Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

What would have to happen for you to begin to step away from GFA and KP as we begin to see things happens with that organization in testiomonies of some scripture twisting and being sued in court.

At what point would you begin to question KP and back away from him and/or the organization? Or would there be any point?

2017/6/21 9:37Profile

Re:

For instance, Dr. John R. Rice (evangelist and publisher of THE SWORD OF THE LORD weekly) and Jack Wyrtzen (founder of Word of Life) were both friends and supporters of Billy Graham, but both also privately rebuked him in the '50s for his (increasingly evident) ecumenical compromise and involvement with the World Council of Churches, and eventually they both publicly distanced themselves from him.

I have no doubt that they continued to love and pray for him, but could no longer collaborate with or endorse him (as they once had).

2017/6/27 18:43
Sree

Re:

I have never given a single penny to GFA hence I have no authority to judge them. But I have seriously considered joining them at some point, mainly because of my interactions with Greg of SI.

I heard from a very trustworthy source that he will not give his money to GFA anymore. I believe that source more than anyone else.

Regarding judgment, I do not agree with certain posts here saying one cannot judge the servant of God. That is not Biblical. We have to judge every servant of God, else how will we identify the wolf in sheep's clothing?

Jesus himself commanded us to judge righteously (John 7:24). Anyone who only quotes the scriptures about judgment without quoting the scripture on righteous judgment is a liar. Satan quoted only one side of scripture to tempt Jesus, but he balanced it with other side.

As a person who gives his hard earned money to ministry, we need to judge righteously. As a believer who wants to hear Godly sermons, we need to judge the speakers righteously. We cannot go on believing every spirit, but discern the spirit.

2017/6/28 10:44Profile

Re:

Amen, Sree. You are quite right. The apostle Paul spoke in this fashion of a fellow believer who was willfully sinning: "To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus" (1 Corinthians 5:5). And to Titus the apostle Paul wrote: "A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject, knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself" (Titus 3:10,11).

These and many other passages deal with righteous judgment of fellow human beings in the household of faith---not condemnation (only God can judge and cast souls into hell)---but judgment of whether they be worthy to (continue) hold(ing) a position of authority within the body of believers, or even to enjoy the privilege of fellowship at all (when unwilling to repent of continued sin).

Sadly, there are many who preach eloquently, even with inspiration (God does not withdraw gifts), who do not live what they preach. There is not a situation going on today that the Scriptures have not already addressed. Jesus said of the scribes and Pharisees, "All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works, for they say, and do not" (Matthew 23:3).

I came out of a church that (rightly) condemned the prosperity gospel, and yet the leadership grossly underpays most of the staff, and have LAVISH salaries and perks for themselves. The lead pastor became a multi-millionaire within the past fifteen years alone...and left many of his workers with a salary of ten dollars per hour, never getting a raise in all of that time. That is EVIL in the sight of a just and holy God, and yet his sermons are often featured on this site.

2017/6/28 16:32
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I'm sure this is just an attack from Satan against GFA. The devil is as mad as a hornet that so many lost souls are being saved through this ministry.

Even if brother Yohannan has made some mistakes, we should stand with him, and if he has sinned, try to restore him (I'm not saying he has).

I wonder what some people's reaction would be if they lived in king David's time when he had Uriah killed and stole his wife. We know David did those things and we know he was a man of God despite failing miserably. Brother Yohannan has not even been tried yet and we're ready to loudly denounce him.

I've heard it said that the church is the only army that shoots its wounded. It shouldn't be this way.

2017/6/28 18:07Profile

Re:

Well, Nigel, do keep us apprised as to how you do in restoring him.

2017/6/28 19:07
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

I believe enough has been said on this thread and in the end these are accusations by a blogger being posted. We agree with brother Nigel and others that we should keep Brother KP Yohannan in prayer as well as others and commit this to the Lord.

We ask that the same articles and accusations not be posted on SermonIndex.

This thread is locked.

2017/6/28 20:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy