SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is Truth ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
aeryck

United Kingdom

What is Truth ?

It was fascinating to me that when Jesus was asked that question he gave no answer. Yet when he was asked about the way, he included the truth in his answer. He said he is the truth.

Now we know the Scripture is not to be added to. But say hypothetically you were there and you were asked that question: "What is Truth?" How would you have answered that question?

Oh there are many reasons why Jesus did not answer the question. He was tired, it would have meant and explanation that his hearer would never have comprehended. I can think of a few more.

It still only leaves us wondering if Jesus had have answered that question if we might have not had a Scripture that would have made some of the great heroes of Philosophy sit back and go Shew Wow Totally Dude etc.

Jesus was quite able to hold his own with those who discussed stuff at the early age of 12.

His words carry authority. As one listens to Jesus talking and then listens to Paul, there is a huge difference, Jesus is the Light. Jesus is the Truth, but how would you have answered that question if it had have been you?

Well, in truth it is you, cause you are on this thread and well, I am asking you. What is Truth?

In Jesus,
.A.
:-P

2005/6/16 9:39Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: What is Truth ?

When you immerse yourself in God's Word, let it -with the Holy Spirit's guidance - fill your entire being, let it teach you how to live, think and act, you will know the Truth and it will liberate you from any anything deceptive. You will be able to discern what is NOT truth.

Make sense?
Ginnyrose

2005/6/16 9:50Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Hi ginnyrose,

Yes, this I do everyday. I pop in a tape of the Scriptures and just ride. As I do the Holy Spirit speaks to my innermost being.

However, there is a matter I just could not help noticing, you refer to the Word of God as 'it'. This is not uncommon for us to do. If you were listening to a friend speaking and you referred back, you would attach it personally to them. You said, ' this ' or 'that' not IT... that would make the Word of God, impersonal.

This is how you experience Truth, but not what truth is.

In Jesus,
.A.

2005/6/16 10:56Profile
Nellie

Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life:
No man cometh to the Father, but by Me.
John 14:6
God Bless you
Nellie :-)

2005/6/16 11:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Truth is Jesus and all he is, what He taught. The Holy Spirit will speak to our spirit to remind us of Truth and how we need to respond. Human nature is to quibble about dots and tittles in order to find loopholes. Simple obedience, acting in faith is acting on Truth.

When you read Romans and Hebrews 11 where the discussion concerns faith you will notice what these saints did that was so commendable. They acted in obedience to what the LORD wanted them to do. These instuctions were nowhere found in their written law. They acted in obedience on what the LORD impressed on them was the thing to do.

May I suggest that if you take one small step in obeying the Scriptures where you feel convicted, you might discover this issue irrelevant? AND you will find this so delightful which give your soul so much security from which nothing can shake you...

I am speaking as a fellow pilgrim on this journey to glory.

Blessings,
Ginnyrose

2005/6/16 12:33Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

What is Truth?

Hi Ginnyrose,
Thankyou for you contribution to this thread, I am going to return after my gig tonight...got to do a little musicianary work...lol
In Jesus,
.A.

2005/6/16 12:47Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

What is Truth ?

Hi Nellie,
Spot on. If Jesus had have said that then it would have said,
"I am the Truth"
That is the only words I could think he would say, and probably didn't because it would have fallen as it so often does on deaf ears, blind eyes and hard hearts.

So maybe Jesus would have said something else...

I have not idea, yet.

Maybe after the gig, I might.

In Jesus,
.A.

2005/6/16 12:51Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: What is Truth?

A., now you threw a new word at me: musicianary. What does it mean? Using music to do mission work? Must be a new-fangled word since my dictionary does not have it! lol

If, it is holy work, God bless you...look forward to seeing you. We are going to the viewing tonight of the brother that drowned Monday night. (I recorded this on another thread "A Tragedy".)

Blessings,
Ginnyrose

2005/6/16 13:11Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Let's ask the Lord for he it is who still gives answers.
First lets find him.
Hebrews 10:7 "Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me) to do they will, O God."

And in Psalm 40:7 "Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me."

Then there is John 1:1 ' In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God.

Now we have his address, lets ask for knowledge.
we know he is the word. so he is the one who will give us his answer.

Luke 24:32 "And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn with in us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?"

also Luke 24:45 "Then open he their understanding, that they migth understand the scriptures."

Okay the word says. John 1: 10,11 "he was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11.)He came unto his own, and his own received him not."
All this was to fulfill the word given long ago, and because of it we are blessed. "but as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,"

He is in the word and still giving answers, lets hide his word in our heart so that our hearts to may also Burn. go to him he will give the answers

2005/6/16 15:23Profile

Re: What is Truth ? re aeryck

Quote:
If Jesus had have said that then it would have said,
"I am the Truth"
That is the only words I could think he would say, and probably didn't because it would have fallen as it so often does on deaf ears, blind eyes and hard hearts.

So maybe Jesus would have said something else...

I have not idea, yet.

John 18
37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should [u]bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice[/u].
38 Pilate saith unto him, [u]What is truth?[/u] And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, [u]I find in him no fault[/u].

I hope I'm not shooting this thread in the foot here, because I'm not sure quite what you want to discuss, but I hope that by laying out the next scripture, it may point your thinking in the 'right' (truthful) direction and if there is still a discussion to be had, you'll explain a little more of what's in your heart, behind the question? Please?

John 14
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 [b]Jesus saith[/b] unto him, [b]I am[/b] the way, [b]the truth[/b], and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?

2005/6/16 15:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy