Discussion Forum : General Topics : I need hope

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

by Chosen7Stone on 2005/6/17 18:34:25

"Take from that what you will, but what I get from it is that those unreached by the Gospel are not forgotten by God.
Everyone knows the difference between right and wrong. We don't need the Gospel for that. Those who go to Hell deserve it, and I restate, according to Isaiah 64:6 and the oh-so-familiar Romans 3:23, all of us deserve it. God is just. Justice is not revenge, not spite, not sadism. Justice is rewarding and punishing for actions in the way that is fair. God will not send anyone to Hell who does not deserve it."

Bro. Ravin from Gods word,Who gives answers
"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? Romans 10:14

now here is the word I believe you have been looking for,
Romans 2: 11-15 "For there is no respect of persons with God. For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law: (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another.)

2005/6/17 22:31Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re:

You rock. Thank you.
Also, Romans 1:18-25...

(Rom 1:18) For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
(Rom 1:19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them.
(Rom 1:20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
(Rom 1:21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
(Rom 1:22) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
(Rom 1:23) And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
(Rom 1:24) Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
(Rom 1:25) Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

2005/6/17 23:33Profile

Re: I need hope - re ddp

Hi ddp,

Thank you for starting this thread.

'Hope' is a very important part of what the Lord brings to us, especially if we have ever had experiences which inform us that our hope in other people may lead nowhere. BUT, HOPE IN GOD is NEVER disappointed.

And, it is [i]hope[/i] which connects us to the [i]expectation[/i] that FAITH WORKS - which it does. Faith is the dynamic.

Following the previous post, let me add this, which I came across unexpectedly, this last week. Cornelius would have had the opportunity in theory, to become a Jewish convert, but, he did not take it. Listen to what was said about his relationship [i][b]with God[/b][/i].

Acts 10
22 And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee. [referring to Peter]

29 Therefore came I without gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what intent ye have sent for me? 30 And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,
31 And said, [b]Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and[/b] thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.
32 Send therefore to Joppa, and call hither Simon, whose surname is Peter; he is lodged in the house of Simon a tanner by the sea side: who, when he cometh, shall speak unto thee.
33 Immediately therefore I sent to thee; and thou hast well done that thou art come. Now therefore are we all here present before God, to hear all things that are commanded thee of God.
34 Then Peter opened [his] mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But [b]in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him[/b].

Amazing?

Should we be [i]more[/i] ready to help people connect from the understanding they now have, to a [i][b]better[/b][/i] understanding, of God's heart?

2005/6/18 13:34

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy