SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Trinity and TD Jakes

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re: Trinity and TD Jakes

Fairly simple difference, in that Jakes believes that there is one God, and has manifested (or shown himself) in three forms... God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.

Trinitarians believe that God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are three seperate beings, co-equal and co-eternal, and all three are God.

Without disputing or cutting down anyone's doctrine, that's a fairly simple definition of both views... :)

J

2005/6/16 11:00Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
The Father IS NOT the Son, The Son IS NOT the Holy Spirit, The Holy Spirit IS NOT the Father. Is the way you are pertraying this.

You left out the last part:

But they are all [b]God[/b]. Elohyim.

See my article [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=1993]"ONE 'Yachid' or one 'Echad'?"[/url].

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/6/16 11:04Profile
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

Didn't see this post, sorry...

Jakes doesn't believe there is co-existance because he doesn't believe that God is three seperate persons, but one person, one being. How can you co-exist with yourself?

God CAN and DOES use Jakes in a mighty way.

Hope this helps explain the confusion a bit...

J

2005/6/16 11:04Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Here is another question, same topic. Can God use TD Jakes? If he believes such lies? This is a bit of a weird question now, but it seems like God is getting the glory..right? or is he like benny hinn but in a different way.

Meaning, 'alot of show', and some Glory to God.

All error begins with a misunderstanding of God. A question was posed a while back whether or not genuine revival has ever flowed from the Oneness Camp. As far as I know no one answered that.

2005/6/16 11:07Profile
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

...everything that we know about revival has come from the oneness camp. It started in Acts 2, then moved to Samaria, and all over the world.

If that's not revival, then I don't want it. I prefer to let scripture define us and what revival is rather than the sad movements (in comparison) that we have today...

2005/6/16 11:11Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
If that's not revival, then I don't want it. I prefer to let scripture define us and what revival is rather than the sad movements (in comparison) that we have today...

Does this mean you reject all the classical revivals in known history where, so as we can ascertain, they would all have rejected Sabellian Modalism. Are you saying 'you don't want' classical revival because it is not Sabellianism?

2005/6/16 12:07Profile

Re:

Robert W, good article.

Hmm what is Sabellianism?? Philologos

2005/6/16 15:23
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

As Paul said "I am determined to know nothing among you but Jesus Christ, and him crucified", so then I am determined to know nothing but the example as set forth in the word of God.

This doesn't mean I reject the "revivals" that have happened, such as Azusa or Wales or Lewis, etc... but it means that I let the Bible define what I believe and want. If something, as good sounding as it portrays itself, is against the Bible in any way, then I'm against it as well.

That's all I'm saying.

2005/6/16 15:30Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

The full description of this ancient heresy is [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modalism]Sabellian Modalism[/url]. I thought I would introduce the extra word for folks wanting to research things further.

2005/6/16 15:39Profile
couch

College Station, TX

Re:

Zapthycat,

It seems you may be missing the point of this thread. Yeshua wanted to know what Modalism was, and how it was different from the biblical doctrine of the Trinity.

There were a few who helped him with the definition, to which he was satisfied. Then, he asked a follow up question concerning whether or not God could use someone who had such a faulty view of the Trinity.

The question was replied to with the simple response that no true revival has ever come from the camp containing the heresy of modalism, or the "oneness camp".

Your reply sounded odd in that you said that all revival had come from this heretical camp. I am sure this is not what you meant, you probably meant to say that God is one and all revivals came from a true understanding of the Biblical truth that God is one.

Indeed He is one, but when we say "oneness" we are referring to the heresy of modalism, from which I hope you would agree that the bible clearly mitigates against, especially as one who "lets the Bible define what I believe and want."

Modalism, or Sabellian Modalism, or that which springs from the "oneness camp" is heresy; but the Biblical view of the Trinity is truth. Robert's point was that no true revival has sprung out of heresy.

I hope this helps un-muddy the waters...

2005/6/16 16:38Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy