SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : 19 Signs You Are A Part Of The Great Falling Away - Steve Gallagher

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Brother staff

Hi Brother, I understand what you are asking here,

"Also didnt God say the law would be written on our hearts,not some list written on mere paper.
I think there is folly in a check list not grace in my opinion"

This has been something Im in the process of learning too. A dear sister in Christ encouraged me to read the book of Hebrews over and over until I understood the difference between being under the law and under grace. For me, Ive learned that we are held "more" accountable under God's grace than under the law, because of what Jesus did at the cross.. This passage says it best.....

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,”[e] says the Lord.[f] And again, “The Lord will judge His people.”[g] 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Brother, theres still so much I don't understand from the Word of God, but the more I learn, the more seriously I see how God looks at sin, and yet I see His grace and mercy if I truly repent and turn away from my sin. The Holy Spirit gives us the power to overcome sin. If we submit to God, resist the devil, he will flee from us. God bless you Brother.

2017/6/5 22:15
staff

Re:

Hi Sherri,
The bible is not at all clear on certain subjects in the sense that Paul doesnt expressly say "Christians can loose their salvation" not at all clear in that sense.The writer of the original post started off with an assumption and didnt clarify that assumption and its obvious that anyone that was a part of the falling away wouldnt recognise it any way.
Ok I would like a comment on this Sherri the scripture says in 1 Tim 4:1 which youve quoted that in the latter times "some" will depart from the faith.How can that constitute the "Great" Falling away?(if it is only some),
Urs Staff
P.s Once we have to start using a concordance (although extremely helpful)things are not clear.

Word: tij

Pronounce: tis

Strongs Number: G5100

Orig: an enclitic indefinite pronoun; some or any person or object:--a (kind of), any (man, thing, thing at all), certain (thing), divers, he (every) man, one (X thing), ought, + partly, some (man, -body, - thing, -what), (+ that no-)thing, what(-soever), X wherewith, whom(-soever), whose(-soever).

Use:

Heb Strong:

1) a certain, a certain one
2) some, some time, a while

2017/6/6 18:41Profile

Re: staff

Hi Brother, we are all learning as we study the Word of God...... For me, the scriptures are very clear. The Lord is merciful and full of grace, but He is also just.

But these are my convictions.

These verses by Jesus are pretty sobering as well....

Matthew 7:13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

and.....

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Thank you staff, for sharing your thoughts....

May these passages encourage us to pray this for one another... :)

Colossians 1:9 For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His blood,[c] the forgiveness of sins.

Philippians 1:9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, 10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, 11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

The Lord bless you Brother

2017/6/6 19:46
Sree

Re:

Quote:

read through this again and if put in a proper context could be useful but in this context does nothing.Dont expect to see Steve Gallagher in heaven then according to his own list,
urs staff

Jesus came to save us from our sins, not to give free passes to heaven. If escaping from hell is the only motive of one to be a christian, then I can guanantee that he is not born again yet. I want to escape the sins inside me which are far more dangerous than hell. This article warns us from the backsliding or accepting our own lack of purification from sins.

Everyone who has the hope of seeing the Lord will purify himself. If he stops doing that means he has no hope, no matter what he claims to believe.

2017/6/7 0:25Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Serri
Whats ur answer to "some" vs "the great falling away"? Urs staff

2017/6/7 10:17Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re: Jon

Quote:
I have been strugglng with that question for 10 years (as is evident from the occasional scattered posts I've put on here over the years).

This article, like many others, leaves me doubting and losing hope once again.

10 years?! This is a long period to stay in the unknown... If the article leaves you doubting - it is well, if it leaves you out of false security and wakes you up from your sleep.

Losing hope - that's also good, if you lose hope in yourself! Don't lose hope in Christ! But forget it, realize once and for all that you can never save yourself from the misery you are in. Even if you lived like an angel the rest of your days - still that will not be enough to redeem your former deeds and actual sins. But Christ died for the ungodly! Praise God! He is the propitiation for our sins! His blood alone washes away our sins, and He alone is the hope of glory!

So Jon, don't stay there! Move on! There is hope in Christ, there is life in Him - just come to Him!

"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

2017/6/7 15:51Profile

Re:

Esther

Thank you for your reply and encouragment.

Indeed, what I cling on to is the appeal you alluded to. Depending on Christ for salvation, leaning on his promises and trusitng in his gospel is all I have.

I get frustrated, though, with the constant theme in revivalism of offering salvation with one hand one minute, and taking it away with the other hand the next. So the gospel is freely offered, and a bid is made to come to Christ, but then if you don't measure up (i.e. don't have the right fruit, a particular experience or do the 19 things Steve Gallagher says disqualify you) then you're out and headed to hell.

The back and forth, back and forth nature of it drives me crazy. It's like playing "He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me etc." with God

2017/6/12 15:45
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I guess much depends on what is meant by the term "falling away." The word "falling" indicates a progression. A stone dropped off a cliff is falling until it hits the ground.

2017/6/12 20:21Profile
savannah

Re: the Gospel of God

Butters,

You have written,

"I get frustrated, though, with the constant theme in revivalism of offering salvation with one hand one minute, and taking it away with the other hand the next. So the gospel is freely offered, and a bid is made to come to Christ, but then if you don't measure up (i.e. don't have the right fruit, a particular experience or do the 19 things Steve Gallagher says disqualify you) then you're out and headed to hell.

The back and forth, back and forth nature of it drives me crazy. It's like playing "He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me etc." with God."

The reason you get frustrated, and it drives you crazy is because you've swallowed not only the bait, but the hook as well. The bait and hook are choking the life out of you. That bait and that hook are another gospel and another jesus.

The Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus plays no games such as those romanticisers do with their flowery emotion they call love.

Thanks be to God for His salvation, which is by His grace and for His glory.

I am my Beloved's, and my Beloved is mine!

2017/6/12 21:43Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

Quote:
I get frustrated, though, with the constant theme in revivalism of offering salvation with one hand one minute, and taking it away with the other hand the next. So the gospel is freely offered, and a bid is made to come to Christ, but then if you don't measure up (i.e. don't have the right fruit, a particular experience or do the 19 things Steve Gallagher says disqualify you) then you're out and headed to hell.

I think, your understanding of the matter is wrong. The gospel is freely offered, yes...

"but then if you don't measure up" - don't have the the right fruit... Does not Jesus Himself say "Ye shall know them by their fruits... Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit." (Matthew 7) And it is true in nature, it is true in spiritual matters.

What is the evidence that you are born again? It is seen in your life, it is not something you make up like a New Year's Eve resolutions - "I won't do that anymore, I will do that everyday" etc. The new birth is a change of heart! And out of this changed heart proceed good works!

The spiritual life is not a set of checklist (you've probably heard that). And yet there are certain things that indicate that you are becoming colder and colder - and if that doesn't stop death is the consequence! It is the same in medicine! Doctors measure blood pressure, heart rate, oxygenation - these are called vital parameters because they are essential for life. And if your blood pressure is 40/60 - we have a big problem! Life threathening problem!

So if you do not pray - we have a problem! Really big problem - because prayer is for a Christian what breathing is for all humans. We cannot live without it! The proud, self-sufficient, blind man does not pray (Revelation 3:15-18)

2. You know the Word and do not live it - "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." (James 1:22) You only deceive yourself if you just have head knowledge of God and His Word...

"What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?... Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works."

"But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great."

- Without foundation! It's not a good idea to build a house without foundation! Well of course, you'd say! Then why would it be reasonable to think that you can build your spiritual life by just hearing and not doing the will of God?! The end of it is great ruin!

So you see, there is no back and forth with God! It is with us! "How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him." FOLLOW HIM!

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross and FOLLOW ME" (Matthew 16:24)

2017/6/17 20:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy