SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : 19 Signs You Are A Part Of The Great Falling Away - Steve Gallagher

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

staff,

You posted twice against this. Instead of condemning the man, why not contact him?

Here is a way to contact Steve Gallagher:
http://www.eternalweight.com/about-eternal-weight/contact/

Write your concerns about whatever you have against him and these 19 signs.

2017/6/5 14:12Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re: Jon

"Am I going to hell?" - This could be the case. You must understand in which direction you are going!

Does Christ live inside you?

If not,... if you have backslidden the Lord calls you to return!

"Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent."

2017/6/5 15:28Profile

Re:

There's been some wonderful reproof, rebuke, and exhortation lately on SI that Im so grateful for. The Lord is getting His bride ready by sanctifying and cleansing her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

2017/6/5 17:12
savannah

Re: 19 Signs You Are A Part Of The Great Falling Away - Steve Gallagher

If there are any who take offense at the 19 signs given here, maybe you ought to take it to Jesus in prayer.

And while there, ask Him why He had John write those first three chapters in The Book Revealing Him, called, The Book of The Revelation of Jesus Christ.

2017/6/5 18:03Profile

Re:

Esther

"Does Christ live inside you?"

I have been strugglng with that question for 10 years (as is evident from the occasional scattered posts I've put on here over the years).

This article, like many others, leaves me doubting and losing hope once again.

2017/6/5 18:15
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I don't have a problem with the list, which is a good one. But the title is "signs you are part of the great falling away."

What falling away is he talking about? A great majority of Christendom has not been able to stand up to this list for about 2000 years.

2017/6/5 19:09Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Lysa
I think im allowed to post twice??
I dont know Steve Gallagher at all and have not condemned him at all,his own words condemn him if anything.
I have written my concerns you just didnt read them :
The post was "loaded " and makes "assumptions".This would be ok if it were pointed out at the start but it wasnt.The article makes it sound like the bible clearly states the falling away is definitely the Church.The bible doesnt say for instance there will be a "great falling away of Gods people".It isnt that clear and it is hotly debated.So to start of in saying the "falling away of the church " is loaded at least and misleading at worst.

Also I have no interest in contacting him at all,I am just commenting on this post once or twice as is my right I think,
urs staff

2017/6/5 20:34Profile
staff

Re:

Hi all,
What if I Got the wrong answer to point 3,7,9,14 and 18 and all the other 19 right,what are my chances?Or up to a week before my death I got 4,7,14,15,16 and 17 right but I changed that week to getting them wrong will I be lost or found?
Will God take into account that for the majority of my life I was really good but it was just that last week that got me?
Also didnt God say the law would be written on our hearts,not some list written on mere paper.
I think there is folly in a check list not grace in my opinion,
urs staff

2017/6/5 20:51Profile
savannah

Re: Jesus' check list

Revelation 2 & 3

I have against you that you have abandoned your first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen, and repent, and do the first works. But if not, I am coming to you, and I will remove your lampstand out of its place, unless you should repent. - Jesus

I have a few things against you, because you have some there holding the teaching of Balaam, who would teach Balak to cast a snare before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality. So likewise you also have some holding the teaching of the Nicolaitans. Therefore repent! But if not, I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war against them with the sword of My mouth. - Jesus

I have against you that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, the one calling herself a prophetess and teaching and misleading My servants to commit sexual immorality and to eat things sacrificed to idols. And I have given her time that she might repent, and she is not willing to repent of her sexual immorality. - Jesus

Behold, I will cast her into a sickbed, and those committing adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they shall repent of her deeds. And I will kill her children with death, and all the churches will know that I am the One searching affections and hearts; and I will give to each of you according to your works. - Jesus

I know your deeds, that you have the characterization that you are alive, and yet you are dead. Be watching, and strengthen the things that remain, which are about to die; for I have not found your works having been completed in the sight of My God. Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard—and keep it and repent. If therefore you shall not watch, I will come like a thief, and you shall not know at what hour I will come upon you. - Jesus

I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you would be cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I am about to spit you out of My mouth. - Jesus

For you say, ‘I am rich, and I have grown rich, and I have need of nothing.’ And you do not realize that you are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked. I counsel you to buy from Me gold having been refined by fire so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may be clothed and the shame your of nakedness might not be made manifest, and eye-salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. As many as I might love, I rebuke and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. - Jesus

2017/6/5 21:14Profile

Re: staff

"The bible doesnt say for instance there will be a "great falling away of Gods people".

Hi Brother, years ago I wanted to know if it was possible for a believer to fall away from the Lord. As I searched the scriptures I found the answer, and it made sense. I had to ask the question, " What can an unbeliever fall away from if he is already lost?" The scriptures were very clear to me that a believer in Christ can fall away....and that makes sense.
-------------------------------------------

Hebrews 3:12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, 15 while it is said:

“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.”
---------------------------------------------
In the interlinear bible, the passage for Hebrews 3:12 actually says "falling away"

The same word "departing", as above, in the Strongs concordance means:

aphistémi: to lead away, to depart from
Original Word: ἀφίστημι
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: aphistémi
Phonetic Spelling: (af-is'-tay-mee)
Short Definition: I lead away, seduce, depart, abstain from
Definition: I make to stand away, draw away, repel, take up a position away from, withdraw from, leave, abstain from.

If Im understanding the scripture above, a child of God "can" depart or fall away from the Lord, therefore we are warned.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons

The words "depart from" are the same meaning as Hebrews 3:12 "departing" in the Strongs:
aphistémi: to lead away, to depart from
Original Word: ἀφίστημι
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: aphistémi
Phonetic Spelling: (af-is'-tay-mee)
Short Definition: I lead away, seduce, depart, abstain from
Definition: I make to stand away, draw away, repel, take up a position away from, withdraw from, leave, abstain from.

(edited for leaving out part of scripture reference)
Hope this helps.

2017/6/5 21:31

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy