SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Sermons | Live

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Bless the Lord oh my soul!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Bless the Lord oh my soul!

Hi brethren,

I was pondering a few things when praying a few mornings ago (specifically for my brother who is battling liver cancer) and wanted to share this:

Our faith begins with God’s faithfulness.
His faithfulness is expressed to us through all the precious promises He has given us.
When the enemy of our souls attacks us, or when we endure hardship, it is this faith that is tested and tried as through fire.
The thief cometh but to steal, kill and destroy…

He steals our faith, kills our confidence and destroys our peace…if we let him…and by doing this he can cause destruction in other areas as well, mentally, physically etc.

BUT I am confident, as the writer to the Hebrews states, that we are not of those who shrink back, who deny our Lord and our God, who cast doubt on His faithfulness and so doing insult His glorious Name, because we know:

God Is Love
He demonstrated His Love for us, that while we were still sinners Christ died for us
Having given us His only beloved Son will He not freely give us all things?
Every Promise of God is Yes and Amen in Christ Jesus.
If we own Christ we own the promises and take our stand on the ground of His faithfulness to do what He has promised.

Let us not be as the older brother of the Prodigal son, who, though he lived in His Father’s house, did not take hold of the benefits of his Sonship and then became jealous when the Father showered the younger brother with mercy and grace and goodness.
Nor should we be as the Unprofitable Servant, who also insulted His Master by not knowing and understanding Him and being supposedly afraid of Him, he hid the talents given to him and did not use his faith to profit thereby.

God may be God to the sinner but He is Father to us who believe and have received the Spirit of Sonship, by Whom we cry out, Abba Father!!

Psalm 103 verse 1 to 5

“Bless the Lord, O my soul
And all that is within me, bless His Holy Name
Bless the Lord oh my souls, and FORGET NOT all His benefits:
Who FORGIVES ALL your iniquities
Who HEALS ALL your diseases
Who REDEEMS YOUR LIFE from destruction
Who CROWNS YOU with lovingkindness and tender mercies
Who SATISFIES YOUR MOUTH with good things
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s”

Blessings,

2017/5/19 6:32Profile
havok20x

Re: Bless the Lord oh my soul!

The grace of God is so marvelous! And trusting and believing the promises that God has given us is so comforting, even in the darkest of times. Thanks for the encouragement, brother!

2017/5/19 12:31Profile

©2002-2017 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy