SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : null post....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

null post....

//

2017/5/18 14:50
savannah

Re: Please comfort me, sisters/brothers...

https://youtu.be/eUsYYgZokkY

2017/5/18 15:48Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Van,

This is not the first time it has happened nor will it be the last time.

Consider - your husband is a human being who desires to be loved and respected - a LOT. If you find your love waning, ask God to infuse you with love for Him. You cannot be married successfully for a long time without it. I promise. How do I know? In September 2017 my husband and I will have been married 50 years!

Love as an emotion is fickle at best and since this is the case ask the LORD to look at your husband through his eves and see him as a human being worthy of love and honor. And....you will need to do this on a regular basis - a one time infusion of love is not that enduring. You need to depend on God for it on a regular basis.

God bless and I hope you will experience this infilling of love for the one you vowed to love and cherish.

Sandra

2017/5/18 15:59Profile
Sree

Quote:

I am now suffering the consequences of not seeking God's will first in finding a lifetime partner.

It is a common mistake many have committed. At least you are honest enough to accept it. There is always hope for those who are honest about their condition than those who are not.

Our God is a God who gives people multiple chances. Even if we have utterly failed him in the past, we will still get another chance. God will give you a chance to win your husband for him without speaking a word (1 Pet 3:1). Run to Him and Seek His Holy Spirit.

I will pray for you.

I recently met a brother who is in a very similar situation. He married a Hindu girl without seeking God's will. He broke down telling me about his married life and the pain of living with an unbeliever.

2017/5/18 17:01Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Van,

Sorry, I think I was a bit hasty in posting what I did. Since you did not mention it I assumed you married a professing Believer but now are having misgivings about being married to this fellow. If you married an unbeliever, or a man with a spouse still living, it will change things radically. There are many who enter marriage thinking they will live happily ever after. It only happens in books, not in reality.

Wishing you the best.

Sandra

2017/5/18 19:03Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

1 Peter 3:1-6 , 14-17

Sister these passages speak directly to your situation:)

And remember, this (your situation) didn't surprise the Lord, perhaps He will use your faith in Him to be a lamp for your husband.... above all else, draw ever closer to the Lord and every time you get upset or frustrated with your husband, intercede on his behalf before the Lord in prayer:) You just might be amazed how quickly the Lord can work~

2017/5/18 23:27Profile
Brainwashed

Norway

Dear Evangeline

I also married the wrong man. He is a believer. He doesn't want or aren't able to transform into living a holy life. He divorced me recently.

I think it is allowed to divorce when circumstances are right. But I have been under self condemnation and repentance a lot since.

I b3live God called me back to Himself 2 years ago. I tried to get my husband to pray and find christian fellowship, but he isn't ready to do that yet. Hope he will soon, because he was serving God in his youth.

I pray Jesus will send His Spirit and comfort you. Psalm 103

With love Beate

2017/11/28 6:45Profile
proudpapa

By your own acknowledgement it would appear that you have no grounds for divorce ?

I personally have known of woman to read this book and completely change there marriages :

"Created to Be His Help Meet
Somewhere over the passing years and changing culture, women have lost their way. This book is written to lead them back home. Regardless of how you began your marriage or how dark and lonely the path that has brought you to where you are now, Created to Be His Help Meet book"

http://nogreaterjoy.org/blogs/createdtobehishelpmeet/

Having read several of your post recently I would highly recommend this audio SI Sermon :

Hope for Hurting Women by Jackie Kenaston

Topic:
Description: Sister Jackie shares her personal testimony of deliverance from the bondages of her past. The abuse and neglect which she experienced in her childhood and youth brought such pain into her life that she was debilitated spiritually, emotionally and physically for many years. When she let go of her pain and bitterness and gave it all to God, she was set free! You also can experience this freedom.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=13195&commentView=itemComments

2017/11/28 10:18Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Quote:
emestiu If I divorce my husband, I cannot call myself a Christian.

Where does it say that in the Bible? I'm still looking to find a scripture that say's divorce is a unforgivable sin. I say this in Love, but this is not the best place to come to looking for mercy or grace if a person's going through a divorce. I would go to your Pastor, or someone at your church, that can physically see you, and listen to you, and see your heart. If we sinners could not be called Christians if we sin, well not one of us could be called a Christian.

2017/11/28 10:32Profile

Evangeline, I have been married to an unbeliever for for all 27 years of my Christianity. I had been married for almost 10 years when I became a Christian, so have now been married for almost 36 years. So many of those years were very very hard. I would see loving Christian couples at church and be envious. Every time I would go of and do something in the ministry there was typically huge resistance and much ugliness. We were diametrically opposed on how to raise our children and this caused countless fights. We simply could not be more different people if we tried. Yet God had instructed me though His Word that if the unbelieving spouse wanted to stay with the believing spouse then the believing spouse must stay. It was very difficult and a thousand times I had to get down on my knees and ask God to fill my heart with love for my wife. He never let me down. I now love my wife more than I ever had and she has changed so much you would not be able to tell she was not a believer. For many years now she no longer gives me a hard time if I wanted to go somewhere and minister. She is the one who loves to get clothes for the homeless and so on. God is good sister. When we honor Him, when we are the ones who endure and overcome His blessings follow. Follow His Word and not your heart and you will over-come .................bro Frank

2017/11/28 11:11

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy