SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Corrie Ten Boom Warns of the Dangers of Pretrib Teaching

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Corrie Ten Boom Warns of the Dangers of Pretrib Teaching

In the link to the video below. The narrator reads a letter from Corrie Ten Boon. In the letter our sister tells of the dangers of pretrib rapture teaching. She describes how the pretrib rapture teaching almost destroyed the Chinese church  The video is about 10 minutes long.  This comes from a sister who has known the sufferings of Christ. She was not able to escape the tribulations that she endured.

https://youtu.be/5-IqRi6lvrM

Very thought provoking video from a sister who has come from the sufferings of Jesus.

Bro Blaine

2017/5/11 12:36

Re: Corrie Ten Boom Warns of the Dangers of Pretrib Teaching

Thanks bear,
Quote: "the pretrib rapture teaching almost destroyed the Chinese church..."
Ultimately I think it is the falling away from the faith that destroys a believer and church.

If we isolate some teachings and ideas from the rest of Scripture then it will cause problems. We need a good balance and know what the priorities are.

I found something interesting on Ray Steadman's website that I quickly want to share:

"We are not to be looking up into the sky all the time, waiting for His coming. That will happen when He is ready. We are to watch that we are not deceived.
I have been disturbed at how many Christians seem to have fallen away. I look back across many years of ministry, and I see men whom I would have sworn were solid, tremendously committed, faithful, Bible-teaching Christians but who are now denying their faith and have turned aside. And on every side, seemingly, this increases—people falling off into immorality and iniquity, turning away from their faith, saying, in effect, they no longer believe the Lord or the Bible. It is this our Lord is warning against."

2017/5/11 16:58
ThyKingCome

Southern CA

Re:

Let each one be fully convinced in his own mind.

I don't think a unanimous consensus will be reached on this one. We need to encourage one another to prepare for Christ's return, spread the gospel and be found unspotted from this world for when He does return. Meanwhile tribulation, persecution and opposition is the norm for all those who desire to be godly and love His appearing.

Post Trib View SAINTS: "I don't want to believe in the pre-trib rapture because I need to stay sharp, focused and ready for whatever happens. I don't want to be caught off guard.

Pre Trib view SAINTS: "I believe in the rapture because it keeps me sharp, focused, ready for what's coming and I don't want to be caught off guard".

Hmm...

Is it possible to believe in the immanency of Christ's return and still have room in your theology for persecution, suffering, tribulation at the hands of men?

2017/5/11 17:41Profile

Re:

___Is it possible to believe in the immanency of Christ's return and still have room in your theology for persecution, suffering, tribulation at the hands of men?___

Yep.😊

Bro Blaine

2017/5/11 18:29

Re: Mark

___Ultimately I think it is the falling away from the faith that destroys a believer and church.___

Brother on this I would agree. But I think our sister Cory is speaking of the fact that the pretrib rapture breeds a false sense of security. I understand that it was only when the Chinese church started preaching the cross. And when they started encouraging believers to pick up the cross. That was when the Chinese church truly began to grow. That was when our Chinese brothers and sisters saw persecution as an opportunity for tge church to grow in the midst of her suffering for Jesus. Not looking for an escape from tribulation. But for sure to be saved through the tribulation.

Anyway, brother, these are only my thoughts and insights.

Bro Blaine

2017/5/11 18:33
ThyKingCome

Southern CA

Re:

I do see your point brother Blaine. if the teaching on the Pre-Trib rapture offers people the idea that persecution and tribulation is reserved for the Great Tribulation ONLY and that Christians can hope to escape all of that in the rapture, then I agree this is an error to be avoided.

For Jesus Himself said: "Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me." John 15:20

"Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution." - 2 Timothy 3:12

However, I would say that not heeding the entirety of scripture is to blame on this one, and not the doctrine of the rapture itself. I don't find the doctrine of the rapture to promise escape from suffering, tribulation or persecution in general. it does however promise a blessed hope to escape the wrath of God poured out on the world during the Great Tribulation.

Those who come to the Lord during this time are in for major persecution and martyrdom, and the prayers from under the altar are for this very reason - "How Long O Lord!!"

God bless and keep His church and keep her faithful to the end.

2017/5/11 19:02Profile
staff

Re: Corrie Ten Boom Warns of the Dangers of Pretrib Teaching

Hi all,
Alot of times when their is a discussion about the tribulation Corrie Ten Boons name comes up as an anti Pre Trib voice but their are problems with that.
1.Taking her word for it is experential doctrine.
Also from Corrie's point of view the doctrine comes from her experiences not from the word of God which is the benchmark.
2.Again it assumes that sufferings and tribulations are the same thing as a specific period of time called the "The Great Tribulation".They are not and this arguement is just a red herring.Just because she did not escape tribulations has zero to with the Great Tribulation.
You could say if thats the case well Billy Graham has escaped tribulation therefore pre tribulation is correct.
3.How do you quantify destroying the Church?and who quantifies it.?
4.Also like any doctrine if the doctrine is not taught correctly it can have a bad outcome.For example if I taught a Post Trib teaching that said you have to keep earning your salvation that would have a devastating outcome.It doesnt mean Post Tribulation is incorrect but the teaching was incorrect.
Yours staff

2017/5/11 22:05Profile
staff

Re:

Hi ThyKingcome
PreTribulation does not offer anybody the idea that persecution or tribulaton are reserved for the Great Tribulaton.
The logic of the post is totally faulty.
A.Pretribulation can be taught incorrectly therefore Pretribulation is incorrect.That logic is absurd.The same way that Post tribulation can be taught incorrectly therefore Post tribulation is incorrect is absurd.
B.Persecution and the Great Tribulation are totally different things.Just because you go throught persecution does not mean you go through the specific time called the "The Great Tribulation"
Billy Graham didnt die from persecution or was martyred for Christ doesnt mean that pre tribulation is correct,doesnt prove one thing ,the same way that Corrie Ten Boom was persecuted severely doesnt prove one thing except her love for Christ,Yours staff

2017/5/11 22:22Profile

Re: Staff

You say the Bible is the bench mark. Then brother please share the scriptures that teach 2 returns of Jesus. I have searched the New Testament and cannot find where Jesus raptures the church before the tribulation. Then returns after the tribulation to judge those saints.

What am I missing. Please instruct me.

Bro Blaine

2017/5/11 23:20
Sree

Re:

Quote:

.Persecution and the Great Tribulation are totally different things.

I hold the post trib view because that is what any honest person who reads the scriptures without any external influence will come up with. But I am not interested in debating on my view, because whether you believe in Post or Pre Trib, if we are not waiting for his return, we will not be considered.

But I am trying to understand from Pre Trib view people, how you say Great Tribulation and Persecution are 2 different things? I always saw great tribulation as a period of great Persecution. A time when Christians will be cornered by Anti Christ, who will become very evident. A persecution that will be worse than anything that has even happened to Christians.

2017/5/12 11:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy