SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : 2017 National Day of Prayer - Dutch Sheets

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

2017 National Day of Prayer - Dutch Sheets

2017 National Day of Prayer - Dutch Sheets:

“The National Day of Prayer is a vital part of our heritage. Since the first call to prayer in 1775, when the Continental Congress asked the colonies to pray for wisdom in forming a nation, the call to prayer has continued through our history, including President Lincoln’s proclamation of a day of “humiliation, fasting, and prayer” in 1863. In 1952, a joint resolution by Congress, signed by President Truman, declared an annual national day of prayer. In 1988, the law was amended and signed by President Reagan, permanently setting the day as the first Thursday of every May. The National Day of Prayer has great significance for us as a nation as it enables us to recall and to teach the way in which our founding fathers sought the wisdom of God when faced with critical decisions. It stands as a call for us to humbly come before God, seeking His guidance for our leaders and His grace upon us as a people. The unanimous passage of the bill establishing the National Day of Prayer as an annual event, signifies that prayer is as important to our nation today as it was in the beginning.” (National Day of Prayer Task Force)1

“Lord, listen! Lord, forgive! Lord, hear and act! For your sake, my God, do not delay, because … your people bear your Name.” (Daniel 9:19; NIV)

Let’s get on our knees beside our beds, a couch or a chair and physically humble ourselves before God as interceding representatives of the United States of America.
Ask the Lord to forgive our national sin. Name some of the areas you are aware of where the nation does not please the Lord. Let Holy Spirit guide you.
Thank the Lord that He hears the fervent prayers of His people on behalf of our nation.
Pray for the President that he would become a man after God’s own heart, having a bold humility that faces down the nation’s enemies, while caring for those that need compassion and national action on their behalf.
Pray for other government leaders, especially your Senators and Congressmen and women. You can let them know you are praying for them here.
Worship Him!
Find a prayer event to participate in.
A prayer you can pray:

Lord, I humble myself before Your great and mighty Name in representation of the United States of America on this National Day of Prayer. I ask You to forgive the sin of my nation (take some time to intercede for some issues that Holy Spirit places on your heart.) I thank You that You hear my prayers and those of so many other Believers in passionate prayer for America today. Please grant President Donald J. Trump much wisdom. Draw Him close to You and give him Your heart, Help him to care about the people and things that mean the most to You. Show him what to do about these things. I also lift up my government leaders (name them). Grant them wisdom and grace to govern the people well, Lord. I worship You! (Take a minute and do so.) May the nation bless You today with their intercession, Jesus! Hear our prayers. Amen.

Today’s decree:

Let my country be aligned with God’s perfect will as millions of Christians pray together with one heart, one mind, one spirit and one purpose for it today!

2017/5/4 10:55Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: 2017 National Day of Prayer - Dutch Sheets

AMEN AND Amen.
Father you said in 2 Chron 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Father I repent for any sins that I have committed knowingly or unknowingly, I repent for the sins of my family that does not honor u. I repent for the sins of this nation that have dishonored you.
Father humble us in areas we need to be humbled in.
Send your fire to purify your church iron out all the wrinkles forgive us for anytime we misrepresented you and acted like Corinthians and Galatians. Help us Father hear clearly from you.. Send your HOLY SPIRIT to take over the White House and all leaders including President Trump and all his cabinet members, Send your Holy Spirit in the schools, high schools, middle elementary and also all the colleges. Give us the plan of the enemy so we know how to pray.. Thank you for hearing this prayer I pray in faith and in humbleness and in the Fear of you.
In JESUS Name.

2017/5/4 20:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy