SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : You Are Able!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Man0fG0d

You Are Able!

If you listen to a liar, they will tell you you can't quit lying. If you listen to a thief, they will tell you that you can't quit stealing. If you listen to a cheater, they will tell you you can't help cheating. If you listen to a SINNER, they will tell you you can't quit or keep from SINNING. But if you listen to GOD and His Word He says YOU ARE ABLE!

1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that YE ARE ABLE; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Matthew 26:41 KJV
WATCH AND PRAY, that ye ENTER NOT into TEMPTATION: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

If you listen to GOD and His Word He says with God all things are possible. (matthew 19:26) He says you can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth you! (phil 4:13)He says He that is born of God doth not commit sin! (1 john 3:5-10) He says He that endures until the end, the same shall be saved!(matthew 24:12-13) He says whatsover is born of God, overcomes the World! ( 1john 5)

Then He says He that overcomes shall be clothed in white raiment, and he that overcomes shall inherit all things. ( revelation 3: 5, revelation 21:7)

You are able through the power of Christ, and your obedience to the Word of God to overcome any sin, trial, or battle.

Love you all.

2017/5/1 19:37Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: You Are Able!

I feel it is impressed upon us by the hyper grace theology that we can't do anything to help ourselves in this area of our lives. I always quote Jesus call to the woman who was caught in adutery when he said to her "go and sin no more". Here was a woman not filled with the spirit but Jesus knew that she could repent.

I believed for two decades that I couldnt get free as the cycle of half hearted repentance seemed to add to more failure and it seemed like a giant mountain I had to climb up. Add to that my initial conversion involved the baptism of the spirit and a life of purity. So I doubted that the Lord really knew my capabilities when the conviction would come.

But I was now in a barren desert and the Lord kept prompting me to change and repent.

After a traumatic experience jolted me into being determined to get right with the Lord I shut out all the past failures and was determined to repent.
This broke many sins in my life and drew me into a continual close walk with the Lord.

The church has been blinded to the way of repentance, and most of the people doing the blinding are us blind guides saying that we can't do it except for the Lords power to come and change us ...in his special time.

Titus 2 11&12
11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age.

sorry about the rant haha.

2017/5/2 4:23Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: You Are Able!

AMEN GOOD word

Then He says He that overcomes shall be clothed in white raiment, and he that overcomes shall inherit all things. ( revelation 3: 5, revelation 21:7)

You are able through the power of Christ, and your obedience to the Word of God to overcome any sin, trial, or battle.

Garbage in negativity.. negativity out..
WOrd and Truth in ...Truth out..
May He give us all an overcoming spirit in this dark hour so we can shine our light in the darkness...
in Him
Frannie

2017/5/4 20:31Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy