SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Isaiah 6 Sermons?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
openairboy

Isaiah 6 Sermons?

Hello,

What are some of the best sermons you have heard on Isaiah 6? And are they available on-line?

Thank you,

openairboy

2003/10/17 22:46Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Isaiah 6 Sermons?

Here's one from Stephen Kaung entitled:
Isaiah Chapter 6
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1847
Haven't listened to it though.

FYI; I just used the 'search' function on the main page, you can find just about anything that is listed on this site with it.....

2003/10/17 23:26Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
FYI; I just used the 'search' function on the main page, you can find just about anything that is listed on this site with it.....

Yes the search function makes it really easy! I believe there must be a sermon where Leonard Ravenhill addresss Isaiah 6, I think it was one of his personal favorites. Here is an excerpt from his book 'Why Revival Tarries' this is from Chapter 3 "A Call for Unction in the Pulpit - Action in the Pew!":

Quote:
Isaiah had a vision in three dimensions. Note verses one to nine in the sixth chapter of Isaiah. Verse five. WOE, a word of [i]confession[/i]; verse seven, LO, a word of [i]cleansing[/i]; verse nine, GO, a word of [i]commission[/i].

It was an [i]upward[/i] vision - he saw the Lord; and [i]inward[/i] vision - he saw himself, and an [i]outward[/i] vision - he saw the world.

It was a vision of [i]height[/i] - he saw the Lord high and lifted up. A vision of [i]depth[/i] - he saw the recesses of his own heart. And a vision of [i]breadth[/i] - he saw the world.

A vision of [i]holiness[/i]. Oh beloved! How this generation of believers needs the vision of God in all His holiness! A vision of [i]hellishness[/i] - "I am undone,... unclean!" and a vision of [i]hopelessness[/i] - implied by the words "Who will go for us?"

Also here is a good sermon preached at my own church (Knox Presbyterian Church, Toronto, Canada). It was preached by John Visser and is a call for renewal to the entire Presbyterian Church of Canada. For a presbyterian this is probably as good as it gets.
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=4]Holy God; Holy Church![/url]
[i]I recommed reading along with the text transcript of the sermon while listening.[/i]

2003/10/18 14:04Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

I preached a little bit on Isaiah 6 in a sermon I preached that is available on this site :) Called "The Fear of the Lord and Idols", available under "Jimmy Humphrey" at http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1981 It might not be the best sermon on here on Isaiah 6, but I've not listened to any others yet... so, since you asked, I thought I'd drop you at least one. I think the sermon is good.

2003/10/18 17:30Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Here is another good sermon on Isaiah 6:
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2964]Isaiah's Personal Revival by Morris Gleiser[/url]

2003/10/24 11:44Profile
JNugent

When I was at Times Square Church back in 1995, I heard Carter Conlon preach a sermon entitled, "Isaiah's Personal Revival" from Isaiah 6. It's not listed on this site (yet), but I'm sure you can order it from the Times Square Pulpit Series Website. It was an extremely powerful message.

2003/11/2 3:17Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy