SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christians now most persecuted group in world

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Christians now most persecuted group in world

The recent Palm Sunday bombings at two Egyptian churches that killed 44 worshippers and wounded more than 100 others are the latest in a spate of deadly attacks targeting the world’s Christians.

Nearly 90,000 of the faithful were killed for their beliefs in violent and gruesome attacks last year, according to a report by the Center for Studies on New Religions, making Christians the most persecuted group in the world. While some were killed as part of state-sanctioned persecution, as in places like North Korea, nearly one-third of the Christians who died in 2016 were executed at the hands of Islamic extremists like ISIS.

The study also found that as many as 600 million Christians were prevented from practicing their faith in 2016.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/14/christians-most-persecuted-group-in-world-as-vicious-attacks-grow.html

2017/4/15 9:31Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: Christians now most persecuted group in world

It seems that today is that there is christian persecution everywhere and my heart breaks for my christian brethren all over the world.

The worst thing is that the Apostasy in the church is also so bad.

It is the West now.God help me as I do not know how I will get through even next year or the next week.

2017/4/15 17:43Profile
rbanks

Re:

Acts 5:40-42 (KJV)
40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.
41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.
42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

2017/4/15 20:34Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Just so saints are aware those bombed churches were orthodox churches as that is the predominate churches in the middle east.

This article can shed some light on the systematic killing of orthodox christians in Europe by communists and by muslims also in Europe and the middle east: http://www.serfes.org/orthodox/memoryof.htm

from the article:

"Between the tolls exacted from prisons, concentration camps, forced marches and exiles, warfare, famine, and brutal military occupation, it is reasonable to conclude that up to 50 million Orthodox Christians have perished in the first eight decades of the twentieth century.

Even in the United States, where so many Orthodox have found refuge, the Orthodox Native Americans of the Aleutian Islands were forcibly interned during World War II and many of their churches deliberately destroyed by the U.S. Army.

Unfortunately, the depth and range of the Orthodox suffering throughout the world in this century, remains largely unknown and unappreciated in the West. "

2017/4/15 21:17Profile

Re:

Brethren any who follow Jesus are targets of persecution. Of course the Coptics are targets in Egypt. But so are Muslim Background Believers in the Middle East. So are those follow Jesus on N. Korea, Iran, India, China etc.

The followers of the Lamb have been persecuted around the world for 2000 years. And will contonue to be persecuted until He returns.

Bro Blaine

2017/4/16 7:28

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy