SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bible Answer Man' converts to Eastern Orthodoxy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
docs

Re: John MacArthur and the blood of Jesus

http://www.romans45.org/articles/blood.htm

2017/4/17 23:44Profile
havok20x

Re:

Brothers/Sisters,

Mark 9:38-42

'Now John answered Him, saying, “Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow us.” But Jesus said, “Do not forbid him, for no one who works a miracle in My name can soon afterward speak evil of Me. For he who is not against us is on our side. For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My name, because you belong to Christ, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward. But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.'

Why are we slaughtering this man in the presence of God and everyone on the internet?

I don't get to come to Sermonindex much anymore (largely because internet access is very limited), but when I come here, I would love to see good fellowship, encouragement, and that which is necessary for edification.

The only thing I really have to say is this: when persecution does explode on American soil, many of you will be glad to find a brother or sister in an Orthodox or Catholic church who will give you a cup of cold water because you claim the name of Christ. You'll be surprised as you are turned over by your own family and friends while saints you declared didn't even exist in these other churches take you in. I'm not prophesying, but wiser men than myself can attest to this.

2017/4/18 12:48Profile

Re:

HI Havox,

I think there is a little of the dramatic when you use the term " slaughter." I do not consider Catholics in general to be my brother or my sister in Christ so I disagree with your premise..................bro Frank

2017/4/18 13:13
docs

Re:

Over 200 million Catholics have received the baptism in the Holy Spirit in the past decades beginning about 1960 or so. I don't see how one can acquire this experience without being born again. It's a challenge to many and is a challenge to my view but I know it is a fact and has happened. I grew up Catholic and would not at all want to go back in but I have Catholics friends who speak in the language of the Spirit and who openly confess Christ as Savior.

2017/4/18 14:17Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Brothers/Sisters,

Mark 9:38-42

'Now John answered Him, saying, “Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow us.” But Jesus said, “Do not forbid him, for no one who works a miracle in My name can soon afterward speak evil of Me. For he who is not against us is on our side. For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My name, because you belong to Christ, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward. But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.'

Why are we slaughtering this man in the presence of God and everyone on the internet?

I don't get to come to Sermonindex much anymore (largely because internet access is very limited), but when I come here, I would love to see good fellowship, encouragement, and that which is necessary for edification.

The only thing I really have to say is this: when persecution does explode on American soil, many of you will be glad to find a brother or sister in an Orthodox or Catholic church who will give you a cup of cold water because you claim the name of Christ. You'll be surprised as you are turned over by your own family and friends while saints you declared didn't even exist in these other churches take you in. I'm not prophesying, but wiser men than myself can attest to this.

I appreciate the heart behind this meaningful post. I personally still consider Hank Hanegraaff a brother in the Lord Jesus Christ. We all see in part and soon the fulness will be soon. Persecution does seem to bring things more to light as our true brothers and sisters become more apparent.

2017/4/18 14:24Profile

Re:

There is a great whore church emerging, an amalgam of religions and churches from around the world. Many are/will be deceived by this, very sad.

As far as their being 200 million born again Catholics, I find that this would be a number impossible to prove. I know many Catholics who came to know Jesus and left Catholicism behind because it is a teacher of heresy and idolatry. The very first thing you do when you go into a Catholic church is you must kneel before a statue and make the sign of the cross. Most Catholic charismatics who " speak in tongues," were taught to, as preposterous as that sounds. Repeating syllables over and over again rapidly is not speaking in tongues and of course we have conterfeit gifts, especially in the last days.

I would suggest David that you speak to missionaries in Catholic countries and see what they would tell you. The Catholic church is still a a great enemy of born again Christians. Just a few facts. You cannot be a Catholic and not believe in the infallibility of the Pope. You cannot be a Catholic and not believe in transubstansiation. You cannot be a Catholic and simply make up your doctrine as you go along. The reformers referred to the popes as anti-christ and rightly so. Nothing has changed, accept the gullibility of evangelicals..................bro Frank

2017/4/18 15:11
docs

Re:

/I know many Catholics who came to know Jesus and left Catholicism behind because it is a teacher of heresy and idolatry/

I know many of the same and even go to church with them. I'm one of them.

/The very first thing you do when you go into a Catholic church is you must kneel before a statue and make the sign of the cross./

That never was my experience when I was a Catholic.

/Most Catholic charismatics who " speak in tongues," were taught to, as preposterous as that sounds. Repeating syllables over and over again rapidly is not speaking in tongues and of course we have conterfeit gifts, especially in the last days./

It's not remotely possible to know if these Catholics were taught to speak in tongues. I would be careful going there. Sounds like a urban myth to me. I've been around Catholics speaking in tongues and it was the real thing. What first hand evidence is there that nearly 200 million Catholics were taught to speak in tongues?

/I would suggest David that you speak to missionaries in Catholic countries and see what they would tell you./

Been there done that. Besides growing up Catholic, I have visited missionaries and mission fields in Central America and saw the damage that Catholicism has done.

/Just a few facts. You cannot be a Catholic and not believe in the infallibility of the Pope. You cannot be a Catholic and not believe in transubstansiation. You cannot be a Catholic and simply make up your doctrine as you go along./

Yet believing or not believing these things is not what saves a person. Doctrines and beliefs don't save but the person Jesus Christ Himself saves - HE Himself! If one is in the Catholic Church and makes contact with the living person of Christ and believes in His atoning crucifixion and resurrection then I propose they can be saved. By Christ Himself. Whether they choose to remain Catholic or not is another matter. I would likely urge them to leave. Yet my Catholic friends don't treat me as an enemy.

/The reformers referred to the popes as anti-christ and rightly so./

Yes,this is so. For all their important contributions, it's too bad the Reformers kept Roman Catholic eschatology which has survived in the Reformed tradition even unto this day.

Yet if one is in the Catholic Church and comes into contact by faith with the risen Savior and believes in Him I can't say at that point they aren't Christian. Being a Christian following bad doctrine is not the same as not being a Christian at all. The same with Hanegraff.

Thank you. Blessings.

2017/4/18 16:06Profile

Re:

Not interested in arguing David, you will need to find someone else. Let us agree to disagree...........bro Frank

2017/4/18 16:40
docs

Re:

No problem I hear you and appreciate it and appreciate you.

I'm thinking that in the perils and trials of the end days that many brothers and sisters from just about every communion will come out from under the rocks as they say and emerge and embrace the rest of their brothers and sisters and fellow saints in the Lord. The true church will get through the end days TOGETHER.

2017/4/18 16:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy