SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Heaven Bound, or Hell Sent?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

How can we possibly know how a person's heart has been judged by God, especially when we have never met them? This is not a defence of Roman Catholicism, though. There are many ex-Catholics who know the Lord [i]because[/i] they left the Roman church.

Here is something from Oswald Chambers which I find a useful balance on understanding. It puts an even finer point on the dynamics of faith.

Justification by Faith

"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life." Romans 5:10

I am not saved by believing; I realize I am saved by believing. It is not repentance that saves me, repentance is the sign that I realize what God has done in Christ Jesus. The danger is to put the emphasis on the effect instead of on the cause. It is my obedience that puts me right with God, my consecration. Never! I am put right with God because prior to all, Christ died. When I turn to God and by belief accept what God reveals I can accept, instantly the stupendous Atonement of Jesus Christ rushes me into a right relationship with God; and by the supernatural miracle of God's grace I stand justified, not because I am sorry for my sin, not because I have repented, but because of what Jesus has done. The Spirit of God brings it with a breaking, all-over light, and I know, though I do not know how, that I am saved.

The salvation of God does not stand on human logic, it stands on the sacrificial Death of Jesus. We can be born again because of the Atonement of Our Lord. Sinful men and women can be changed into new creatures, not by their repentance or their belief, but by the marvellous work of God in Christ Jesus which is prior to all experience. The impregnable safety of justification and sanctification is God Himself. We have not to work out these things ourselves; they have been worked out by the Atonement. The supernatural becomes natural by the miracle of God; there is the realization of what Jesus Christ has already done - "It is finished."

([i]My Utmost for His Highest Oct 28[/i])

2005/6/14 21:13

Let me pose this question...(again)

where do you think Judas Iscariot went?

Some point out the Scripture and say he went to hell....But didnt the Lord go down to hell and preach the Gospel?

Judas betrayed the Lord, AND Peter betrayed the Lord, do you think that Judas' sin was greater than Peter's?

If so, do you believe that some sin's are worse than other's?

questions, questions questions.

2005/6/14 21:20

and ps

why you worried about where some old dead roman papa is going?

arent you worried, arent you convicted, that there are millions upon millions of the lost walking into death without Christ, forever damned, and you are on an internet forum asking foolish questions....and turning that finger around, that I am foolish enough to respond to your trivialities!!

oh my...please don't take offense.....we should both be convicted of our unprofitably for the Kingdom!!

2005/6/14 21:27

Re: and ps

Haha.

Pointing fingers, has 3 pointing right back at ya.

I have a huge burden for souls. I'm actually going to be witnessing in the HIGH schools and Middle schools in my COUNTY. Thats 70-80 schools. In the Tampa Bay area. (Florida) So please dont be a judge of my character.

I'm also pushing my church to be more active. And if i have to lead up something there i will, just to cause THE ENTIRE BODY to witness for Jesus.

""where do you think Judas Iscariot went?

Some point out the Scripture and say he went to hell....But didnt the Lord go down to hell and preach the Gospel?

Judas betrayed the Lord, AND Peter betrayed the Lord, do you think that Judas' sin was greater than Peter's?

If so, do you believe that some sin's are worse than other's?""

Judas went to hell. Suicide is a 100% to dwell in the eternal fire. The God I believe in wouldn't commend such wickedness.

Is their greater sin? Yes, type that in at any online bible concordance.

Any more opinions on this matter? (Pope/Thersea)

2005/6/14 22:03

Re:

Quote:
Any more opinions on this matter? (Pope/Thersea)

nope, Jesus is delivering me from the bondage of "opinions". I let Him handle the business.

2005/6/14 22:08

Re: To all.....

As believers we are to judge. We judge what each other writes here. We judge what others do or don't do. We too often judge them by a much higher standard than we judge ourselves. Selah.

That said, we do not judge the heart. That privilege is God's alone. He alone decides who goes to hell and who does not. Thank God He has a much clearer vision and scope than we do.

I'm really reluctant to respond any further to the person who began this thread. There is just something there that sticks in my craw. I shall not label it. I shall just leave that alone. I shall also leave this thread alone and move on to more fruitful posts and threads. God bless you one and all.

2005/6/15 7:26
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re: Heaven Bound, or Hell Sent?

"Those that are without, God judges".

I refuse to dig him up and put him in one place or the other. I don't believe any of the doctrines of his religion were accurate, at all...

But hell is too fearful a place to wantonly throw people into. God will judge him.

One thing only is sure: I don't want to be in his place...

2005/6/16 11:18Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Let me pose this question...(again)

Quote:

No, I don't believe He did.

Quote:

Judas I is the only human being of whom it is written "Satan entered into him". Luke 22:3; John 13:27

2005/6/16 12:10Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

The wind blows where it wishes

There is scripture that alludes to the fact that children will go to heaven, not because they have done anything but by grace. To understand my reasonings here are is a link to what John McAurthur says: http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/80-242.htm

I like his logic on the matter. I like his concept of the condition of accountability and not age of accountability.

2005/6/16 13:52Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Is this where you are coming from?

Quote:

YeshuaIsMyGd wrote:
Judas went to hell. Suicide is a 100% to dwell in the eternal fire. The God I believe in wouldn't commend such wickedness.

Can I presume that you would toss folk, who in a state of clinical depression commit suicide, into hell?

2005/6/16 13:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy