SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Islamist extremist converts to Christianity

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Islamist extremist converts to Christianity

Jesus Christ has welcomed into His fold another former Islamist extremist who once persecuted Christians.

In a recent report, the Christian missionary group Bibles for Mideast described how former Muslim radical Ibn Yakoobi underwent transformation after witnessing some "supernatural" phenomena and seeing Jesus in his dream.

In his own narration, Yakoobi said he was part of a mob that attacked Christians and destroyed their church in a central African country. He said he also tried to kill a Christian pastor.

But when he and his men were about to attack the church and kill the pastor, an intense storm and other "supernatural" events occurred, preventing their attack.

The divine intervention stunned Yakoobi to such an extent that he started to have doubts on his Islamic faith, according to the missionary group that smuggles Bibles in the Middle East.

After that, Yakoobi started attending Christian prayer meetings to find out more about Christ.

An enlightened and emboldened Yakoobi then even stood up and challenged the imam at his mosque for vilifying the Christians. "Why then, imam, can't you do miracles as Prophet Moses did and destroy their black magic? If you can't, don't talk about it!" he reportedly told the imam.

For rebuking the imam and openly showing defiance, Yakoobi was brutally beaten by the imam's followers.

While nursing his wounds, he reportedly had a vision of Jesus, with Christ telling him about the great sacrifice He made to save all of humanity.

Yakoobi recalled what Jesus told him: "You are healed by my wounds. You are purified by my blood. You have salvation by my death. And you have eternal life by my resurrection. Now I give you a new heart and new life. Be faithful."

He wasted no time to convert to Christianity, even urging his friends and family to turn their backs on Islam and follow Jesus instead. Some of them did.

Atoning for his past misdeeds, Yakoobi also volunteered to rebuild the church he and his men had previously destroyed.

Yakoobi was just one of many other Muslims—some of them formerly devout Islamic believers who persecuted Christians—who have enthusiastically discarded their old faith to embrace Christ after seeing Him in their dreams.

Just late last month, as previously reported, a devout young Muslim woman from Turkey who harboured a deep hatred of Christians had a sudden change of heart and converted to Christianity, according to Christian Aid Mission.

Just like Yakoobi, the woman went to a church to see the pastor to "make fun" of him.

But she had a sudden change of heart after meeting Pastor Matta, the leader of a local ministry, and hearing him speak about the Gospel.

Later, Jesus also appeared in her dream, which ultimately led her to convert to Christianity.

Earlier last month, scores of Muslim refugees reportedly converted to Christianity, with some saying that Jesus appeared to them in their dreams, promising to help and save them.

2017/4/5 20:31Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Islamist extremist converts to Christianity

Quote:
Yakoobi recalled what Jesus told him: "You are healed by my wounds. You are purified by my blood. You have salvation by my death. And you have eternal life by my resurrection. Now I give you a new heart and new life. Be faithful."

Wonderful words to hear of what God spoke to him. Christ is our religion, he is our focus, we are to dwell in him and never leave him.

2017/4/5 20:35Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Thanks! Greg for posting this. I am going to copy it to share with our cell group.

I love testimonies of how God works in the lives of people. This testimony proves once again the value of persecution but no one would ask for it but if, when God allows it it is for a reason.

Sandra

2017/4/6 10:00Profile

Re:

Agreed!!!. Praise God for these reports. Truly, God is reaping a harvest among the Muslims. Much encouragement can keep praying.

Bro Blaine

2017/4/6 11:51
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
Yakoobi recalled what Jesus told him:
"You are healed by my wounds.
You are purified by my blood.
You have salvation by my death.
And you have eternal life by my resurrection.
Now I give you a new heart and new life. Be faithful."

I love this!!! Jesus is awesome when He spells out things for us!!

2017/4/6 13:16Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Heres more information about a miraculous storm intervening in the attack on the church

https://www.bibles4mideast.com/home-1/2017/03/19/god-restores-and-redeems-an-astounding-update-of-attack-on-the-african-church

2017/4/7 6:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy