SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Somehow God was still able to use them

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Somehow God was still able to use them

Jonathan Edwards - revivalist preacher - and Congregationalist THEOLOGIAN

David Wilkerson - Central Bible College, Springfield, Missouri

Bob Mumford - Reformed Episcopal Seminary - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

John Piper - pastor, teacher, author, THEOLOGIAN - Wheaton College (BA), Fuller Theological Seminary (M.Div.), University of Munich (D.Th.)

Dr. Michael Brown (born 1955) - Ph.D. in Near Eastern Languages and Literatures from New York University and has served as a visiting or adjunct professor at Southern Evangelical Seminary, Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary (Charlotte), Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Fuller Theological Seminary, Denver Theological Seminary, the King’s Seminary, and Regent University School of Divinity, and he has contributed numerous articles to scholarly publications, including the Oxford Dictionary of Jewish Religion and the Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament.

Paul Washer - Master's Degree - Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary

2017/4/3 18:42Profile
Martyr

United States

Re: Somehow God was still able to use them

I know of a donkey that once declared the counsel of God.

2017/4/3 18:48Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

He who is not against us is for us. Paul Washer and Jonathan Edwards especially off that list had been very influential on me early on in my Christian life. But what is your point in citing them? Surely God got use from them, there are people saved at Benny hinn shows too but that is due to God's faithfulness, not the preacher. What are you trying to prove with this?

2017/4/3 18:58Profile
savannah

YES! Them and many others. Both schooled and unschooled.

Whether 1st century or 21st century, and everything in between and behind.

What point is there in thrusting them in with the lot of false prophets, and the likes of men such as Benny Hinn!

2017/4/3 19:19Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

To intentionally discredit the idea that education, knowledge of theology or even right standing with God is essential for God to do His work. As it says, not by him that that runs or wills but of God that shows mercy. In summary to show that theology, correct or incorrect, has no correlation to what the OP is insinuating because it is by the Power of God that people are saved and it is by the Word of God that a truly seeking heart can find God.

Praise God for Paul Washer who can be a tool in God's hand to lead someone closer to Christ. But I don't care who the person is, if they're idea of that is to pump them full of doctrines rather than work with them to spiritually discern the things of God in this world then they are leading someone astray. And I am not calling him a false prophet or even saying he (washer) does this, I'm saying if.

2017/4/3 19:37Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

And if you delve into the personal lives of many you will find they also need a savior. But people don't want this info shared because it may knock them off the pedestal their admirers have placed them. This happened to me with my grandfather - he was the most admired man in my childhood and beyond but I learned he was very human and needed a savior - oh, sure, he will say in a heartbeat this was the case but my affection for him was blinded to this reality.

In any case, I have observed that among those I admire, who have suffered much for Jesus, who loved him him did not always embrace 'perfect' theology or behave perfectly always. I have in mind Richard Wurmbrand. He was Lutheran! But no one would question his love for Jesus...

The bottom line is how much do we love Him? And how do we respond to Him? And...will leave the judging to God.

Sandra

2017/4/4 11:57Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Amen!

2017/4/4 12:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy