SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Testimony to the Power of Intercession

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Testimony to the Power of Intercession

From "Herald of His Coming"

A Testimony To The Power Of Intercession

There was the day and hour when, as a missionary in Ecuador, I was given up for dead because of typhus fever. The American doctor had stated that he could detect very little evidence of life, and had urged that the chairman of the mission immediately secure a coffin, and make preparation for the funeral service. In the tropics one must be buried within a matter of hours. A coffin was purchased, the elders of the little church were called to be the pallbearers, Mrs. Edman dyed her wedding dress black for the funeral service; then the Spirit of God put intercession upon a group of Christians meeting in a Bible conference in Massachusetts. They had no knowledge of my need. God gave them believing prayer. I have met many in New England who have told me that, should they live one hundred years, they will never forget that all-day prayer meeting when intercession with tears and deep groaning was made.
As a result of that prayer, there was no funeral service in Ecuador; the coffin was sold, my wife used the pieces of the wedding dress, then black, for other purposes, and I have had more than thirty-five years of “borrowed time” since then. The Lord is good!
– V. Raymond Edman

2017/4/2 21:20Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: Testimony to the Power of Intercession

Amen and Amen great post Brother Mike.
I lead a bible study at church. We always start with Praise reports.. This has been for one year we have been meeting and learning from the Psalms. Today we had so so many praises because we did not stop praying..
Prayer changes things, sometimes us .. we must never stop praying for our families or this nation..
Jesus said can u not pray with me and hour??
Matthew 26:40
And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
Blessings
Sister Frannie

2017/6/2 17:23Profile
Theophila

Re: Testimony to the Power of Intercession

Amen!
What an awesome testimony.
O for such days again....days of believing prayer.
Blessed be the Name of our God!

2017/6/3 13:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy