SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christians Urged to Pull Children From Public Schools

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re: past experience and the will of the Lord

Proudpapa,

I am very sorry for your bad experience in school. When I read this, I can understand why you don't want to send your children to school. And I will not oppose it brother, may the Lord bless your children!

My classmates have not been holy, neither was my school free of people who went to parties, disco etc. No, but we (me, my brothers and sisters) never participated in such events even when they were organised for the whole class. The first time I heard of "foul language", I did not even know what was the meaning of the words... and as they told me, I immediately knew in my heart "This is wrong!"
Once in the pause a girl asked me to tell her something bad, because she was all amazed that she has never heard me say those things. And I could only tell her that it is because of God!

I write this so that we just see both perspectives. I understand you proudpapa, and I appreciate your warning.

Savannah,

It is true that God tells us not to be unequally yoked together with unbelievers.

"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you." (2 Corinthinas 6:17)

But you cannot understand that as - "You should never be among unbelievers!". Because as I said earlier I buy even my bread from the enemies of God! And Paul himself says: "I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world." (1 Corinthians 5:9,10)

You say:

Quote:
The lie of the devil has been swallowed and is now being regurgitated and spoon fed as chocolate pudding. And some are licking their lips as they try to convince others of how tasty delicious this pudding from hell is.

Am I among these "some"? Because I tell you the truth, for me to say that my 12 years in school have been chocolate from hell, will be a lie and by worst blasphemy.

And I am now in university... believe me, the campus is not a holy place. And my first day of being student, I thought "God, I am in Sodom and Gomorrah!" But this is the world in which we live! This is the reality outside my four walls. I have not "moved my tent toward Sodom" but I am, by the grace of God, striving to live a holy life "in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation" (Philippians 2:15).

Otherwise, shall we tell all Christian teachers to drop their jobs and leave public schools? Shall we tell all young students to leave high schools and university? Is this what we understand as "being separate from the world?"

I beg you brethren, don't break my heart... and let us not together with our discussion grieve the Lord! I will repeat myself, we should not quarrel or fight over the matter because I believe whether through home-schooling or otherwise, our aim is to bring up godly generation. And may the Lord help us!

2017/3/31 6:48Profile
savannah

Re: children

Esther,

Not one of your posts has addressed the voluntary sending of a child to receive a Godless education from a government school system where God is rejected and sin is promoted, encouraged, and practiced.

The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts. Psalm 10:4

2017/3/31 7:49Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Dear Sister Esther,

I appreciate and find your testimony a blessing of Gods faithfulness on your behalf. I believe and bear witness that you have rightly supported your position from the scriptures. So please do not feel condemned nor compelled to further justify or defend what the Lord has been faithful to do on your behalf.

What does one think is worse, to be bullied, ridiculed, or condemned in a public school or in a Christian forum?

Be encouraged by the gracious words of the apostle Paul sister:

2 Corinthians 1:12 KJV For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.

Romans 14:22 KJV Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

Our church has ongoing and regular monthly outreach to two major Universities in my state. We have been abundantly blessed at what the Lord is doing through our young students and children in reaching the lost.

We have seen many come to the Lord and the outreach is multi cultural. There have not been a few who have come to America from other countries for their education and finding a future and living here in this country.

Yet once they have heard the gospel and were truly saved they were compelled and burdened to return back to their own homeland to share Christ with their loved ones and friends.

As a Christian I am neither for or against public or home schooling and am at total peace in letting every man/woman be fully persuaded in their own mind and conscience.

But for those who are so self righteous that they won't do this or that, eat or not eat, or go here or there, I have one thought.

If Jesus had that same attitude, He would have never left heaven and came into this sinful, fallen, or corrupt world to die and save sinners. His command to us is to GO and DO likewise.

May God continue to bless and lead you sister Esther!

Brother Dave

2017/3/31 7:55Profile
passerby

Re:

Having grown older and witnessed the waves of moral degeneration, if I think deeply about it, now that my aspirations are no longer so much for myself but the aspirations of my children, I realized that even a good home can fail.

Our children are fighting a distinct battle and a life of their own. There is point in which they are beyond our reach, except by our prayers.

Schooling was only a part of our stay here on earth, I have seen friends and acquaintances who can be a christian's dream child while at the school, but now have drifted so far away from faith.

If you can send your children to a christian school so be it and by all means, give them a good home, but even those can only do so much to be proud about. Even good achievements maybe transient, life can be so dynamic, you have to plant your feet in a stable ground or else the winds of change can tear you apart.

If I have to dream for my child, well, I heard it from a testimony of a homeless child, being asked about the most important changes that happened to her after being rescued from the brutality and abuses of the urban streets.

She said, "now I have learned to pray to God for help...",
I guess that's it, I want my children to learn brokenness before God, that they can trust Him, especially more so in times of failures and troubles.

I know life can be brutal, a failure, or just but a chase after the wind. But like the prodigal son, I want them to remember that they have a faithful and benevolent father, where they can come home, as is, as they are.

Our spiritual journey does not stop at the school and spiritual awakenings may occur in unexpected ways, but all hangs in the faithfulness and benevolence of God. To learn in heart from faith to faith, that is the school I want for my children.

2017/4/1 1:45Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

Thank you for the replies!

Savannah, I do not really have anything more to say. My prayer is really that God Himself draws the heart of the young ones to Himself and give us the grace to bring them up in the way of the Lord!

Quote:
Our children are fighting a distinct battle and a life of their own. There is point in which they are beyond our reach, except by our prayers.

Very true!

Quote:
2 Corinthians 1:12 KJV For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.

Simplicity, godly sincerety and by the grace of God! May the Lord help us that our conversation in the world and toward each other be the same!

The grace of our Lord be with you all!

2017/4/2 14:32Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy