SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christians Urged to Pull Children From Public Schools

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Christians Urged to Pull Children From Public Schools

The warning was clear: Christian parents should pull their children out of public schools, now, to protect them from spiritual damage, extreme indoctrination, and other serious problems. Pastors and churches should work to encourage that “exodus,” helping and encouraging families to put their kids in homeschools or private Christian schools as quickly as possible. The alternative will be the continued decline of the church in America and an acceleration of the nation's decline. That was the explosive message of an evangelical ministry leader speaking as a guest this week on one of America's top Christian radio programs.

Dr. James Dobson, one of the nation's most influential Christian leaders and a former public-school teacher, hosted the discussion on his national radio program focusing on the spiritual danger of allowing children to sit in secular or even anti-God public schools for over a ...

read more: https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/education/item/25675-christians-urged-to-pull-children-from-public-schools

2017/3/26 15:40Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re: Christians Urged to Pull Children From Public Schools

I did not read the whole article and I do not know what's the situation in the US but... I think it is good if every parent acts according to the leading of the Lord!

I believe you can raise up godly children even if they go to secular school. How important is family indeed! I was raised in a Christian home and went to secular school. And I do not know of single private Christian school in my home town (for now, our church plans to build one by the grace of God). But my school days have been a blessing for me, my fellows and my parents.

- For me: because I had countless opportunities to witness. It taught me also to "fight the good fight of faith". And yet I feel I was somehow protected through my family environment and my local church; I was somehow, by God's grace preserved from the abominations going on.
- For my fellows: Because they could hear of Christ. In subject like philosophy or literature we would discuss the Bible (Thank God, it is thought in our schools! - Bulgaria), the meaning and origin of life etc. So it is really interesting and challenging when at least two or three people have a different and biblical view on the subject! We discussed such things also in the pauses! It has really been a blessing!
- For my parents: Because my mother would probably never had the physical possibility to educate alone so many children.

"But by the grace of God I am what I am" - 1 Cor. 15:10

The grace of God be with you all, and with all Christian parents!

2017/3/27 11:58Profile
savannah

Re: Christians Urged to Pull Children From Public Schools

Irrespective of your own belief, your own experience, and the experience of your fellows and parents, is God neutral or silent respecting the education of the children whom He blesses us with?

In other words, what is God's mind on this as revealed in His Word and by His Spirit?

Or, are we to just add this to the list of all the other gray areas He has left us in the dark on?

2017/3/27 14:15Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

Do you ask in order to make me think about it?

This is what currently comes to my mind:
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

"And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed." Malachi 2:15

"Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do... For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him." Genesis 18:17,19;

So far as I understand the Scriptures, we have to teach our children and bring them up in the way of the Lord. Irrespective of their going or not going to school. The education (upbringing) of children is not responsibility of the state but rather of the parents. And that is essential.

2017/3/27 15:22Profile
savannah

Re: Scripture-led

"I think it is good if every parent acts according to the leading of the Lord!"

Thanks for your reply, and the Scriptures you posted.

Now, I'd ask you to please post some Scriptures to show that a parent would be acting according to the leading of the Lord as they send their children to be educated by God's enemies.

Thanks again.

The Word of Jesus,

Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever is not gathering with me is scattering abroad.

Anyone who isn't with me opposes me, and anyone who isn't working with me is actually working against me.

Luke 11:23
Mathew 12:30

2017/3/27 18:42Profile
savannah

Re: think about it

Esther,

I was anticipating some verses in response to my last post!

Thanks for obliging me

2017/3/28 18:14Profile
proudpapa

Sexual harassment in education in the United States

"..In their 2000 survey on 2064 students in 8th through 11th grade, the American Association of University Women (AAUW) reported:[6]

81% or eight out of 10 students experience sexual harassment in school
83% of girls have been sexually harassed
78% of boys have been sexually harassed.."

"..By teachers..
In their 2002 survey, the AAUW reported that, of students who had been harassed, 38% were harassed by teachers or other school employees. One survey that was conducted with psychology students reports that 10% had sexual interactions with their educators; in turn, 13% of educators reported sexual interaction with their students.[11] In a national survey conducted for the American Association of University Women Educational Foundation in 2000 found that roughly 290,000 students experienced some sort of physical sexual abuse by a public school employee between 1991 and 2000. And a major 2004 study commissioned by the U.S. Department of Education found that nearly 10 percent of U.S. public school students reported having been targeted with sexual attention by school employees. Indeed, one critic has claimed that sexual harassment and abuse by teachers is 100 times more frequent than abuse by priests.[12]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_harassment_in_education_in_the_United_States

2017/3/28 23:16Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

I have not forgotten it. I just need some time so that I can give a proper and not just "any" answer. :)

I will probably write later today.

2017/3/29 1:15Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re: Scripture-led

Well, in the Old Testament we have some examples of godly people who have been trained or educated through ungodly people for specific purposes:

- Moses: He was born in time of persecution for the Jews in Egypt and his mother hid him for three months. Then she laid the child in an ark by the river's brink. So the Pharaoh's daughter found Moses and adopted him. We do not have details about the childhood of Moses but we know that later "By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;" (Hebrews 11:24). - from which I draw the conclusion that he has grown up and was trained as a son of Pharaoh's daughter. And later he denied that title or office in the society to fulfill the will of the Lord.

- Daniel and his friends: King Nebuchadnezzar, the king of Babylon, besieged Jerusalem and took control over it. He sent the master of his eunuchs to "bring certain of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the princes; Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans." (Daniel 1:1-4). So these children had some knowledge because they were of the royal society. But note the purpose of the king is to "teach them the learning and tongue of the Chaldeans". And we know nowadays that the Chaldeans were very advanced in science, Egyptians too. So Daniel and his friends had to learn this and we see through the book of Daniel that this was perfectly in the will of the Lord that they were there and they glorified God while they lived there.

So probably, you will say "They were forced to do so because of their circumstances." Maybe, but God did not condemn it. In many countries education (primary and secondary school) is obligatory, i.e. you transgress the law if you do not send your child to school. Sometimes there is given another option: "Teach your child as you will but it have to pass all exams just as other children". Ok, I am not against it.

But here comes also the other side: There are countries where education is a luxury. And even illiterate parents are ready to do whatever they can to send their children to school so that they can have a better future, a chance to have a job and take care of themselves. So home-schooling is out and the other option is a Christian or state school - depending on what is available in the region. Nevertheless if a secular school is requiring idol worship (for example) of the children, I would not (God help me!) send my child there.

Quote:
... to be educated by God's enemies

I do not know how do you understand this... but I think the stories of Moses and Daniel speak for themselves. The main idea of schools is that people are taught how to write, read, think etc. not to learn how to do abominations. Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego knew of the abominations around them but they were never part of it, they never bowed their knee before an idol.

I buy my bread, my food from the enemies of God. Buses, trains, airplanes, doctors, nurses, politicians - not all of them are Christians. That does not mean, I should not use water, electricity, public transport etc. While paying for this services I also support their business but God approves that (as long as it is not ungodly and wicked business).

Therefore I believe that parents have to be led by the Spirit in taking decisions about the education of their children.

2017/3/29 12:05Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re: Sexual harassment in education in the United States

It is disgusting reading that... and I do not think it was good idea to post it in that way...

I do not know what do you want to say with the post. It is grievous that such thing happen. But even here you can see how important the role of the parents is!!!

School is not some spirit... school is an outcome of society, just like politics. The behaviour of children in school is most of the time dependant on their education at home.

So how will children learn to dress modestly? Not from the TV, from their parents! How will they learn to make a difference between good and bad, (holy and profane)? From their parents! How will they learn purity? Surely not from Hollywood stars, who teach only adultery, fornication and such. BUT FROM their parents! And who has to say "No!" - to films and video games that damage the soul? - The parents! Who has to stop the kids from going to disco, parties and like events? - The parents!

And oh, we want schools to get changed (AND THEY SHOULD BE), but should we not START IN OUR HOMES?!

2017/3/29 12:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy