Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Sin that leads to death

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: Love & hate

Sree says,

The sin leading to death in 1 John 5:16 is hating your brother, and the persons guilty of it are born again children of God Who is Light,therefore His children are also called children of light.

But I say that this is NOT according to Scripture!

He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is no occasion of stumbling in him. But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because darkness hath blinded his eyes. 1 John 2:9-11

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother, abideth in death. Whoever hateth his brother, is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
1 John 3:10,14,15

If a man sayeth, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar. For he that loveth not his brother, whom he hath seen, how can he love God, whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God, love his brother also. 1 John 4:20,21

Whoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ, is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat, loveth him also that is begotten by him. 1 John 5:1

Sree says,

"I believe that every born again believer can fall into the sin leading to death."

I believe the testimony of God, NOT men!

2017/3/25 18:31Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I used to believe in a kind of flip-flop salvation; saved one minute, lost the next if you sin and you have to be saved again. I no longer believe this. This kind of attitude leads into bondage and legalism, and a try-harder attitude. Legalism will rob you of love. If I get angry at my brother, or fall into hate, have I lost my salvation? No, I don't believe so. Jesus goes to incredible lengths to rescue us: "...yet doth he devise means, that his banished be not expelled from him." 2 Samuel 14:14. Having said that, I believe the evidence of salvation is love. It is not the norm for christians to hate ANYONE, let alone a brother.

And I want everyone to know I respect your views, even though I might not agree with you. I could care less about winning an argument; I love you all.

God bless,
-Nigel

2017/3/25 23:38Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I believe that the dispensation of Grace plainly shows that the only sin that leads to death is not believing what God has said about His Son, and what He did to purchase the sinner that believes that Jesus is the Son of God and the sinner now has life and that life is in the Son.

1 John 5:9-14 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

Again; "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."

The sin of unbelief is the sin leading to death. The, "a sin not leading to death" by the Grace of God by the shed blood of Jesus Christ takes away completely, 1 John 1:9 all sin of the believer, past, present and future, God is faithful to the work of His Son. I can pray for the believing brother who is sinning, for the unbelieving only God can change this one. But still I can love them both.

Praise God He has redeemed and purchased me by the Work of His Son Jesus Christ on the Cross, of whom I now have. "He that has the Son has life, he that has not the Son has not life".

Believe, leading to "a sin" not leading to death. Believe not, leading to "a sin leading to death, (eternal death)

In Christ: Phillip

All of Chapter 5 shows plainly what God has done to purchase me by the full payment of His Son and how much Grace by faith has made me a son of God with My Brother Jesus Christ and His Spirit now living in me, making me presentable to God Our Father, fellow heirs with Jesus Christ leading me to my eternal place Jesus has prepared for me.

2017/3/26 3:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy