SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The best preachers that you've NEVER heard about...!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

The best preachers that you've NEVER heard about...!

I posted this earlier, but I typed the title of the thread incorrectly.

:-(

Earlier today, I was thinking about some of the preachers that have influenced me the most -- either by their words, or by their examples. I realized that most of them are not well known.

These preachers of the Gospel have labored without the "fame" or "reputation" that follows many other men or women of God.

Do you know of a man or woman of God that was used to "break up the fallowed ground" in your heart or life? I thought that it would be interesting to have a thread about them.

If possible, leave some contact information or links to information/sermons for each person mentioned.

:-)

2005/6/12 21:28Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: The best preachers that you've NEVER heard about...!

[b]Ben Jordan (?)[/b]
[i]Somewhere in Missouri(?)[/i]

I'm not quite certain if this is actually his name or not, but I have heard him speak several times. He used to travel with the ACE Christian school conventions and seminars. He was the first person that I ever heard recommend a book by Leonard Ravenhill ([i]Why Revival Tarries[/i]). I took his advice -- and I am glad that I did! He gave some great messages about having an intimate relationship with the Lord. He is from Missouri, but I actually heard him in Texas.

[b]Dr. Zerubbabel Ebangit[/b]
[i]Uganda, Africa[/i]

Brother Zerubbabel is a minister from Africa who frequently travels throughout the United States. He used to teach at a University in the United States, but felt a burning desire to preach. His messages are not filled with gimmicks or verbal flair. Instead, Zerubbabel preaches the Word with great attention to the work of Christ -- rather than himself. He also preaches with great authority. I've never heard him stray from the truth.

The first time I heard him speak, you could have heard a "pin drop on the carpet." I once saw him preaching in a large church that was supposedly experiencing "holy laughter." A couple of ladies began laughing during the service -- and wouldn't stop during the message. Zerubbabel stopped preaching, turned to the women and told them that he would wait until they were finished "disturbing and distracting" the congregation before he would continue. Needless to say, the women awkwardly settled down.

2005/6/12 21:49Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I just thought of another one...

[b]Justo "Jordan" Chavana[/b]
[i]Rockport, Texas[/i]

Justo Chavana was a member of the mob, but came to the Lord one Sunday morning at a "little white church." After coming to the Lord, he lost nearly everything that he used to hold dear in his life. Today, Justo Chavana travels throughout the world, but mostly in Mexico and Cuba, where he builds "churches" -- both physically and spiritually. He also travels to other nations (especially in the Middle East and Asia) where believers are persecuted, and attempts to build churches there.

2005/6/12 22:10Profile

Re:

[b]Unknown Preacher[/b]
[b]Walley Avenue (Jail), New Haven CT[/b]

An unknown preacher had a huge impact on me when I was sitting in a cell with a shattered life. He was a black man and shared his testimony with everyone how the Lord saved him. I was not invited to the meeting, maybe because I was a fighter, but I heard him talking to all the other inmates. "How many of you believe your going to Heaven?"..."Wow, just about all of you guys" as he proceeded to show us how lost we truly were. Before he came in I thought I was on my way to heaven, by the time he left I knew I was on my way to hell. He left me with an awakened and quickened conscience to haunt and torment me in my sin. Shortly later I was converted.

I still do not know who that man was or what his name is. I don't know where he is from and he has no idea that I was even listening! He may have left that day discouraged because most of his audience mocked and laughed. He didn't know about the guy in one of the cells who was listening intently to everything he had to say. He had no idea I was even there! But I don't know where I would be today if he did not come boldly preaching the truth.

2005/6/13 4:51
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

[b]Pastor Don Leavell[/b]
[i]Corpus Christi, Texas[/i]

Pastor Don Leavell is a wonderful man of God. I have heard him speak several times. He is both very sincere and very real. He pastors a moderately large church in Corpus Christi, Texas, but he remains a very humble servant of the Lord. He has a wonderful grasp of the Word, and he stays away from "fad doctrines." His passionate hunger for intimacy with Christ is refreshing. I don't live in Corpus Christi, but if I did, I would fellowship with Pastor Don at his church.

2005/6/14 10:54Profile

Re:

Pastor Scott Creasy
Pastor of Crossroad Chapel, Palm Harbor,Florida

He is the first REAL preacher that I have heard of. He preaches to your heart, pierces to the Soul. If your hungry for food from the Word of God, his preaching will definatlly feed ya.

I met him a few months ago. And an amazing sermon of his is 'the death of the Firstborn' its about a 3 hour message. (4 Sermons worth). It's a message about 'killing your flesh' or 'firstborn'.

Link to his preaching.
http://www.stewardsofthemysteriesofgod.com/articles.asp?columnid=1516

2005/6/15 16:14

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy