Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Praise In Prayer by Derek Prince

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Praise In Prayer by Derek Prince

Praise enables us to pray with faith. With my eyes upon myself or upon the church, my expectation of change, progress, and advance will be small and petty. But with my eyes upon God and all that He is to me in Jesus Christ, my expectation may know no limits. “Coming to a King” large petitions are especially appropriate.
Prayer is one wing and faith is the other to lift us heavenward. Try to fly with only one wing! But when faith fixes its gaze upon God, prayer brings us into touch with the limitless resources of our Lord Jesus Christ, and we know that we can do all things as He strengthens us, in answer to our petitions.

Praise also enables us to pray with a proper perspective. Many of us have had the experience of becoming extremely upset about a situation, and afterwards laughing at ourselves that we allowed it to happen. This kind of thing happens when we forget to praise and thank God for His past goodness.

What happens is that something goes wrong and we panic, imagining the worst possible course of events must follow. All appears black. We make not only ourselves miserable but others too. But that situation may be avoided if we begin by pondering God’s past dealings with us, and all that He is to us now in Jesus Christ.

So instead of saying, “How on earth am I going to get through this?” begin by saying to God, “I thank You for all You have been to me in the past, and I praise You now that Your grace in Jesus Christ is more than sufficient for this new situation; and I dare to pray that You may be praised by means of it as I demonstrate what You can mean to an ordinary person like myself.”

We need to pull out the “spiritual choke” of praise in prayer much more than we do.

2017/3/17 15:09Profile
docs

Re: Praise In Prayer by Derek Prince

Yup and Amen!

2017/3/17 15:14Profile
leyoung

Re: Praise In Prayer by Derek Prince

Good reminder. I blew it yesterday.
After a negative situation, It's like you have to stop, take a deep breath and thank the Lord and praise Him. Then proceed with faith and peace that He is right there and going to somehow intervene.

It's like you think you've got it down and then , bam, another test!!! I like Derek's two wing solution 😊
Thanks for posting, Greg!

2017/3/17 15:28Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy