SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How to refute Cessationism using only the Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Back in my Calvinistic days. I was a cessationist. Though in the back of my mind, I could never defend the doctrine. But as Todd, I began to experience the Holy Spirit. Also, I saw the erroneous error of cessationism. And its lack of scriptural support.

If I still believed in cessationism I could not lead Persecution Watch. For how could I cry out for dreams and visions among the Muslims? If I believe culminated at the end of the first century. It was only when I abandoned cessationism. That God gave me the ministry I have today.

bro Blaine

2017/3/10 7:23
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

For years while we were in the seeker church mindset in a seeker church, where I was an elder, I had arrived there theologically in shock. During that time, I decided that because of the fraud and abuse I had seen, that my logical and biblical study that supported my continuationist beliefs must be wrong. So I disavowed continuation publicly and it was a requirement to be an elder in our church.

But, all the while, when in personal prayer, I would start praying in tongues. I just said to God, "I know I am wrong. I know this is just me. I know what I read and learned is not correct. Be merciful. I don't know what to do with this. ". I would walk away and keep right on as a happily deluded cessationist and seeker friendly church growth guy. Until I wasn't. Until I had to face all of it and decide. And I just could not deny the Bible any longer.

2017/3/10 11:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy