SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Inspiration from Revelation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Inspiration from Revelation

A poster, Lysa, suggested I begin a thread where others can come along and post inspiration they have received from this book. Now I will proceed with this but before I go any further, I would like to say upfront I am more interested in learning how this book has blessed you, what do you hear it saying and how has it impacted you. (Revelation 1:3)

As I look at the book and the events described I take the position they will happen as stated. If the language is figurative it will be indicated and then give its interpretation - like the prophecies concerning Jesus' birth, ministry, death and resurrection.

If you post it could be helpful if you would give your post a title.

God bless.

Sandra

2017/3/7 11:00Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Revelation 1:3

Revelation 1:3: Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.

I find this verse compelling: this book contains a wealth of blessings that is for the taking IF we apply ourselves to it. Many are put off by the judgments detailed herein - and I understand this, been there done that. I learned that John is sharing a vision given to him by Jesus (v.1) and he is merely sharing these details. Now, it is up to me to apply myself to understand what he saw.

The descriptions given in Revelation are descriptive, at times horrible but intermingled with it is praise from the angels and saints. Can I praise God when he inflicts judgments upon the world? Opps....

Blessed is he who reads and heeds...anything practical in this? Indeed it is.

For me the a practical thing is that God knows the future, EVERYTHING is under his control, power and the devil is working to thwart it at every turn and that is what it is all about: it is war. And God's creation is caught in the middle of it.

Will sign off for now and let you share..

Sandra

2017/3/7 11:14Profile
TMK

NC, USA

God knows the future

Quote: "a practical thing is that God knows the future, EVERYTHING is under his control..."

When I read your statement something struck me, namely whether our actions now CHANGE the future.

I certainly hope so or or actions, prayers, obedience etc would seem pointless.

2017/3/7 11:36Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Inspiration from Revelation

I have a thought from Revelation 21. But, since we are only in Revelation 1, I'll leave it a little while.

Take care and God bless.

2017/3/7 12:03Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: God knows the future

"I certainly hope so or or actions, prayers, obedience etc would seem pointless."

TMK - I wish you would expound on this issue. I have wondered about it a lot myself.

Sandra

2017/3/7 19:41Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Revelation 1:6

Revelation 1:6:"and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father."

I find this concept challenging, at the least.

We are called to be priests. What does this entail? What does it mean to be a priest?

Jesus is using a metaphor the people were familiar with and so can we if we study the life of a priest, the ministry of priests, their role in society as commanded in Leviticus. How it worked out in shoe leather can be understood by a study of the historical sections in the OT.

Consider:
1. Priests were scattered throughout the country, did not have a section of land like the other tribes.

2. They were the conscience in their community.

3. They were the intercessors before God for their people.

4. They lived under restrictions far more limited then the general population.

5. They were knowledgeable of diseases - could determine when one was unclean or healed of an infirmity.

6. They were to be pure and holy.

There may be others points one could list, but does this not sound like like a precursor to the Sermon on the Mount?

This is what Believers are called to. Sobering - especially more so when one studies the life, purpose of a priest in Jewish society.

Sandra

2017/3/8 9:47Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Revelation 1:6

Some OT priests were pretty rotten. Thank goodness we have the HS to help us along.

Arguably our primary responsibility as priests is intercession, and the state of the Church is directly proportional to the failure to fulfill this responsibility.

2017/3/8 11:17Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Sandra asked: "TMK - I wish you would expound on this issue. I have wondered about it a lot myself."

Well, my statement was somewhat rhetorical because I really believe that prayers, etc DOES change things and is not just some sort of a mystical exercise that was preordained eons ago.

2017/3/8 11:22Profile

Re:

[ because I really believe that prayers, etc DOES change things and is not just some sort of a mystical exercise that was preordained eons ago.]

If I did not believe that prayer would change the outcome of things. I would stand down from leading Persecution Watch. When we pray over restricted hostile nations such as North Korea or Somalia. We believe that God will touch souls in these nations. We are trusting for God to bring about a harvest of souls out of the persecuted nations. We are trusting God to transform hearts. We are trusting him to do this through a relationship with Jesus.

So is this not trusting God to change the future? is this not trusting God to change the future of a soul that is in darkness? Is this not trusting God to bring that soul into the light of Christ? Have we not changed the future of that soul through our prayers?

Bro Blaine

2017/3/8 11:58
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I am in agreement Bear.

2017/3/8 12:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy