SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How do we respond to criticism?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

How do we respond to criticism?

How we respond to criticism is the measure of the man. It gives an insight into the security and the humility of the one being criticized. An adverse reaction to criticism is directly related to the flesh in us, the greater the reaction the greater the flesh and the more that pride still weighs us down. I speak not from theory. All of my life this has been one of my greatest struggles and disappointments. Putting to death the flesh and walking in humility is so often tied to controlling the tongue.............bro Frank

2017/3/6 11:03
TMK

NC, USA

Re: How do we respond to criticism?

I am not easily offended which is a blessing, and honestly the most criticism I get is in this forum, if disagreement can be considered criticism. I don't do as good of a job at biting my tongue as I should. Discussion is ok but as Greg sometimes says sometimes you have to let the other guy have the last word and be gracious about it.

2017/3/6 11:44Profile

Re:

Bro Todd writes.......

"I don't do as good of a job at biting my tongue as I should."

Well bro, we are both in the same boat it seems :) .........bro Frank

2017/3/6 12:16
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Brothers Frank and Todd, when we learn we CAN teach ourselves to be different, it's such a wonderful Blessing.I never was a person that was easily offended, I have a pretty thick skin, but I did not like the fact that I felt the need to respond, even if it was in a humorous way. Now I just let my responses go, and life is so much more peaceful. I think it's human nature to want to respond, especially on the internet to everything that don't line up with our thinking, but trust me, you can beat that bondage, it's not easy, but it's possible, just ask me. :-)

2017/3/6 12:29Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

I had an absolutely horrible boss who believed with every fiber of her being she was God's gift to Christianity :/ She criticized everything... in the name of love, she took away our hours and gave them to her family because of course, "they needed them and it was her business." If you called her on it, then she was the martyr because she was right about everything. Her poor husband, I had no idea how that man lived with her.

Can I say that many things that frustrated me about that woman I had in me? :) And I guess it took the 3 years I worked for her to work it all out, I don't know!! LOL But I knew I couldn't quit because He gave me the job.

The reason for me even mentioning this is that at the time my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer and I had to deal with my sister on a day to day basis... who was just like my boss. One day God put two and two together for me and showed me that my sister was as fragile emotionally as my boss and then I knew why I was there, to learn to get a long with my sister.

God had to take me the long way around that mountain!!! Things aren't perfect with my sister, she's still the same but He's still working on me!! Blessed be the name of the Lord!!

2017/3/7 7:15Profile
savannah

It's all on the record!

The proof is in the pudding!

Just go look at the 1000's of posts you've written on the SI forum.

2017/3/7 11:03Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

savannah, is it ok to chuckle? Well, I did.

Sandra

2017/3/7 11:18Profile

Re:

Savannah writes........

"It's all on the record!

The proof is in the pudding!

Just go look at the 1000's of posts you've written on the SI forum"

So much for love keeping no record :) That is why I wrote ..............

"All of my life this has been one of my greatest struggles and disappointments. Putting to death the flesh and walking in humility is so often tied to controlling the tongue."

Perhaps a plank in the eye has blinded you to my confession? :)............bro Frank (I just broke my sentiments by responding to this :)

Maybe you can just kill me quickly rather that burning me at the stake because of my confession? :)

2017/3/7 12:22
savannah

Re: chocolate pudding

Case in point! Just look at the two responses which follow my previous post. There is your answer.

BTW - When I wrote about looking at the 1000's of posts you've written, I had no individual in mind. The 'you' being plural. And I especially did not have you in mind Frank, as you have not written 1000's. You have just reached the 1000 mark today.

And on a sweeter note, one of my favorite candies when I was a child was "Chuckles".

Whoso is covering his transgressions prospereth not, And he who is confessing and forsaking them hath mercy.
Proverbs 28:13

2017/3/7 13:11Profile

Re:

Savannah writes.........

"Just go look at the 1000's of posts you've written on the SI forum." To whom were you referring to Savannah? I made the mistake of reading it in the plain English.

"You've" must mean something different in your world bro or sister.
I have actually probably witten well over 4000 posts. I was on vacation for a couple of years and when I got back I started from zero :) Which, I am sure you will agree, is a tragic loss for all. But I am glad it amuses the peanut gallery :) .............bro Frank

No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light. The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
(Luk 11:33-35)

2017/3/7 13:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy