SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Potential SermonIndex Site Re-design and development?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Potential SermonIndex Site Re-design and development?

Brothers and Sisters,

For almost 14 years we have kept with the same design, same font and style for this website. I have seen personally many websites change multiple times and sometimes for the worse. There has seemed to be a push from modern technology to continually adapt to the fast past change.

I have heard saints over and over again tell me how refreshing it is to come to SermonIndex for the one fact that it does not change and has been the same for many years.

With that said, I have talked with brothers recently that feel a change would be good and offers to help re-code the entire website with newer technology and perhaps some changes to the design.

If the site were to change, what do you think it should look like? what changes made? It would be great to hear of ideas and thoughts.

Also please commit to pray for this that the Lord would clearly show this as the right step.

2017/2/23 19:19Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: Potential SermonIndex Site Re-design and development?

Love you and only say do as He leads.

I love the current layout. Colors and fonts? Not that vital to me.

I was -- still am but it is an inactive board -- a member on a site called Jude2.com. Brother who runs it is a sweet and wise and smart pastor friend in Hawaii, originally from Alabama. I still love J2 for its design. They did an overhaul a couple of years ago. Looks great. But the forum is VERY slow, more or less abandoned for Facebook by the users. Anyway if you are looking for a good redesign I suggest Jude2 at least for the forum layout.

And if you could put all the preachers and teachers on here in true alphabetical order by last name. ;)

2017/2/23 21:03Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Greg,

I quite like it the way it is, straightforward and easy to navigate, and with an old fashioned look that takes you back to "better" days :)
I am not against "snazzing" it up a bit as long as the navigation and ease of contributing remains a priority.

God bless,

2017/2/24 1:23Profile
wijnand

Design:
- I would make the design bigger (width) and bigger lettertypes.
- The colors are fine, althought I could think that you desire a new logo to be created.

Functionality:
- The forum could be extended
--- buttons "reply" on top (next to new topic)
--- more easier to read
- Make the website responsive so that it is easy to use this website on a mobile

I think it would be got for some design changes, for usability.

2017/2/24 5:38Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Just a few ideas Ive thought of that would be better for users I believe.

If it could be done in a non distracting way to have each of the Forum main Topic subjects colour coded. So Miracles That Follow The Plough and Devotional Thoughts could both be diffrent colours for example. Maybe a pale coloured thin strip somewhere?. Nothing too overwhelming and bright in colour. Maybe even a small logo.
Ive tried to find a topic a few days later and having a colour coded forum would make things more memorable for anyone with a poor memory.

It would be nice to have the page numbers of a forum topic at the bottom of the page as well as at the top. Making navigation a bit easier.
And lastly, when I want to comment on something on the forum I obviously get asked to sign in. But that signing in process takes me away from the topic and to the websites Home page. So we then have to locate the Topic again.

2017/2/24 6:02Profile
passerby

Re:

I like the way it looks now, its plain design is just appropriate for the Godly purpose it advocates. It kindles a sort of nostalgia or homesickness that keeps me coming here
amidst busy and difficult days.

2017/2/24 6:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Great feedback dear saints. This ministry has been volunteer driven since its inception and many have taken part to help. It is no different now.

These contributions of ideas are valuable and help.

2017/2/24 7:57Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I come here for the message, not the design, it's simple to navigate. I feel SI is doing the Lords work very well as is, I have seen many things lost, and many issues during changes in some forums I'm a member of. I know the SI layout has been the same for a long time, and I haven't seen many/any complaints, that personally tells me it's doing a might fine job as is. The Word of God has never changed, and it's been working forever, I feel the world is always looking for change, but we are not of this world. Praise Jesus!

2017/2/24 9:27Profile

Re:

Greg, how about likes and smiley faces? I am in two minds about that but it is something. I kinda like things the way the way they are but that is probably because I am older and more conservative in my thinking :)..........bro Frank

2017/2/24 9:47
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I count myself among those who like it as is, even in light of having made suggestions. It is just so simple to navigate.

2017/2/24 10:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy