SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : God separated light from darkness.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Sree

God separated light from darkness.

I shared this in Church to as a devotional.

The Bible begins with the following verses in Genesis 1 from the first page of the Bible.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light day, and the darkness He called night.

After God created heaven and earth, we hear that darkness was over the surface of the deep. But God instead of abolishing the darkness, he created Light and separated the light from the darkness. Calling the darkness night.

When is this darkness that is still surrounding the earth removed? It is mentioned in the last page of the Bible.

Rev 1:5 - And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.

There will no longer be any night in the new heaven and earth. Darkness will totally be abolished from existing. Between the 1st page and last page of the Bible, we have the detailed plan of God to restore us from the domain of darkness.

Darkness is always associated with uncertainty. When my 1 year old walks into a room, if I have to call him out, I just need to turn the light off in the room, he comes out of the room immediately. Even the baby understands that there is uncertainty associated with darkness. We were all once part of the domain of darkness, but God restored us from the domain of darkness into his kingdom.

Col 1:13 - He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of His beloved Son.

So as an example of people living in the new earth without any darkness, God has placed us now on this earth with access to his Holy Spirit. So we are to live as son's and daughter's of light (1 Theso 5:5), living completely under God's light. God will illuminate us. Hence there should be no uncertainty in us. In this world, people may live an uncertain life, with so many complains. But our life should be a life of Total Certainty. It is because of this certainty that the apostles and martyrs did not deny their faith even when faced with death.

2017/2/20 17:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy