SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Are you are in a spiritual wilderness?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Are you are in a spiritual wilderness?

Right now you are in a spiritual wilderness, facing the powers of Satan. You can feel his army of demonic entities thundering down on you. And just as the Israelites were helpless against their enemy, you are helpless against yours. You have made all the promises to God you can make, and you have failed every one of them. But just as surely as God opened the Red Sea, allowing Israel to walk through on dry ground, He is going to open up your sea supernaturally. And you are going to walk through your besetting sin, through all of the devil's opposition. God is going to take you through your own Red Sea experience, so you will no longer have to fear the enemy.

Micah prophesied, "The nations shall see and be confounded at all their might: they shall lay their hand upon their mouth, their ears shall be deaf (Micah 7:16). The Hebrew root word for nations has a figurative meaning of "goy", which in turn means "a troop of crawling animals, vipers." Micah is saying, "God's people are going to grow strong through the revelation that he keeps his promises to his remnant. When they realize he has delivered them from the dominion of sin, they will be endued with joy. And this in turn will build their faith, releasing in them such strength that they will become fearless. In fact, the manifestation of Holy Ghost power in them will confound and frighten their enemy, the devil. It will stupefy all his creeping, demonic entities."

Yet we can not pull down these strongholds by prayer alone Nor can we pull them down by having some preacher prophesy over us or try to cast them out through physical manifestations. Satan is not impressed by any manifestation, or by loud shouting, or even by our goodness. The only weapon that scares the devil and his armies is the same one that scared him in the wilderness temptations of Jesus. That weapon is the truth of the New Covenant, the living word of God. Only the Lord's truth can set us free. He promises to be God to us... to cleanse us, forgive us and cast away all our sins...to fill us with his Spirit.. .to lead, instruct and guide us by his Spirit, and put within us all the power we need to walk in holiness and obedience.

According to Micah, here is the promise we are to cling to: "Who is a God like unto thee, that pardons iniquity, and passes by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? He retains not his anger for ever, because he delights in mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea" (Micah 7:18-19). In Hebrew, the word subdue means "he will trample on them." We do not subdue our sins; He will subdue them. Our Lord is going to have compassion on us, trampling all our iniquities underfoot. He will cast them into the sea, never to be held against us again. Think of the children of Israel watching all those Egyptian soldiers disappear into the water forever. Now the Lord is telling us, "Those are your sins, and you are going to watch them sink to the bottom of the sea. I am going to drown them all and wash them away for good."

The very thought that God would respond in this way is impossible. What kind of God would refuse to deliver his own people because they still struggled with a lust? God will not abandon you at your Red Sea. Your temptations, habits and besetting sins may look like impossible roadblocks before you. But the Lord promises to deliver you, for his own name's sake. Our God is faithful to keep his covenant.

Make this your prayer: "Lord, you have promised by oath to be God to me. You have said you would give me my own Red Sea experience. You have also said the devil would have to put his hand over his mouth, no longer able to accuse me with his lies. I stand on your covenant promises now, father. Deliver me, and glorify yourself in my life."

2005/6/11 6:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy