SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Book Warning ! "The kingdom that turned the world upside down"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re:

It is not what he wrote influenced the rest of his writings, It is that I believe that what he wrote reveals his understanding.

For those whom have come out of the cult "COC" they will be familiar with Harding University. David Bercot now offers there music :

http://www.scrollpublishing.com/store/Harding-University-Concert-Choir.html

add : "that I believe that"

2017/2/14 11:05Profile
savannah

Re: thread

Thanks for this thread PP. Your warning is well taken, I hear loud and clear each of your posts about this.

"If error is harmless, then truth is useless." - CHS

2017/2/14 13:15Profile
proudpapa

Re: A Book Warning ! "The kingdom that turned the world upside down"

It is no small insignificant issue, that we simply over look as a zealous reactionary remark.

Either we are trusting in the Righteousness of Jesus as the Song speaks of (Which changes lives !) or else we are trusting in our ownselves that we are righteous. which always can be detected because self righteous always despises others and always is comparing themselves as more pious than others.

And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

add for clarity

2017/2/14 13:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy