SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Keith Price legacy (apprentice of tozer)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Keith Price legacy (apprentice of tozer)

[b]Keith Price legacy (apprentice of tozer)[/b]

A truly great event occurred on February 2, 2001 at Glad Tidings Pentecostal Church Victoria, BC. The memorial service for Keith Price. On the one hand there was sadness, sorrow over the loss of a Christian who had meant so much to so many — and that sorrow was given free rein as more than one speaker could not hold back the tears. Yet, at the same time there was deep joy as the audience, in some great hymns of the faith, with all their hearts expressed that wonderful hope of Christians: they will transcend death because it cannot rob them of their great destiny — to be fully united with their Lord. Keith Price was a Christian of national — even international— standing. Brian Stiller, who as Chairman of the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada, used to work closely with Price, had travelled all the way from Toronto to bring him tribute. Price helped shape the work of many Christian organizations as a member of their governing boards. His spiritual career, his apprenticeship with the famed A.W. Tozer and other important aspects of his life were described in the June 2000 issue of this paper, shortly before his final illness had shown itself..
Price’s local reputation was based primarily on his gifts as an expository preacher. He simply loved Scripture, he lived on it, it was his treasure trove; and out of it he drew those treasures for his audiences as no one else could. Because he was so true to the Bible, he was trusted and welcomed to the platforms of a wide variety of denominations. His skills as an expositor can still be enjoyed in Thirsting After God, a book which Info reviewed in its December 2000 issue. Another book, dealing Keith Price’s legacy with suffering, will be published soon. Price’s daughter, Melinda Price Wiltshire, and his grandson Justin Wiltshire gave touching tributes. When the praises are sung of a famous man, one always wonders, “He was a saint to the outside world — how was he at home?” But these descendants made it clear: he was warm-hearted man who loved them, and deeply influenced them for good. His daughter recalled how many times, after a difference with her father, he was the one who came up to ask her forgiveness for his part of the problem. Asking forgiveness — that reminded me of my own interview with him for this paper last year. Before printing, I submitted the draft of the article to him for correction of inaccuracies. In his response, he made it clear he was unhappy with my mention that he had not welcomed interruptions during the interview. In the otherwise flattering portrait I had painted of him, this was the only wart. I was reluctant to remove it, and it did not please him. But later he called again, and said, “I talked it over with my wife, and she said, ‘Jack’s right, you know,’” To me, this touch of grace was precious. But back to the memorial service. What came through clearly as Keith Price’s most important legacy was the way he invested himself in younger Christians. How many he mentored is hard to say, but here his disciples were coming to the microphone, one after the other, and acknowledging the great debt they owed him: how he had
spent time with them regularly, encouraged them, taught and trained them. In this pattern, Keith Price followed his master closely, for Jesus Himself was a great preacher, but His greatest impact on the world came through His disciples.

Keith Price: preacher,
Christian statesman, mentor

By Jack Krayenhoff

2005/6/10 14:04Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Keith Price bio (apprentice of tozer)

I am putting up some of Keith Prices sermons here:

[b][url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=414]Keith Price's sermons[/url][/b]

2005/6/10 14:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy