SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Any more Flat earth believers out there?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Any more Flat earth believers out there?

Serious question since the globe Ball was introduced around 1200 AD. There are many who believe we've been duped into believing the globe. The Navy knows the sea is flat. Their pencil beam radar guns can hit a target 20-50 miles away. not so on a curved earth, and likewise their infrared glasses can see 20 miles and more but not so on a curved earth.

The flat earth, with dome reveals there is a God and we have boundaries. NASA says ther are no boundaries. Admiral Byrd's trip to the South Pole with ships, planes and tanks related that the planes crashed into a wall. Today the south pole is off limits. Why?

Admiral Byrd's story:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtybmBcSfLE

The model presented by the scientific priests have us following the sun through space. The prism can change the light. Just light the prism on the back of the one dollar bill.

If the earth is the center of the universe and immovable as the Bible says, then the idea of God's creation and a purpose for mans existence is plausable. On the other hand If there are billions of galaxies and planets then it's easy to fool everyone. We are daily fed stories of aliens and trips to exotic places like Mars.

Here's another brief video on "why the deception"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTCbsHLksh0

2017/1/26 12:33Profile

Re: Any more Flat earth believers out there?

Isaiah 40:22-24

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

23 That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.

24 Yea, they shall not be planted; yea, they shall not be sown: yea, their stock shall not take root in the earth: and he shall also blow upon them, and they shall wither, and the whirlwind shall take them away as stubble.

2017/1/26 12:45
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

I am not sure if you realize the video you shared is a UFO researcher talking and at the end they make the statement that there will be a world war 3 against unseen forces that go between both the north and south pole.

For this reason it is clear we do not condone or encourage these videos to be posted and in case of very strong conspiracy videos and links we will in the future just delete them as per our community rules:

8. DIVISIONS AND QUARRELLING - Having a healthy discussion on a topic, doctrine or important issue is allowed on SermonIndex. But if the subject discussion becomes heated and there is quarrelling it would be better to agree with your brother publicly in what you can and and hold to what you believe against him privately. This calls for great maturity and wisdom in speaking in humility. It is better to agree with a brother that you are Christians and not divide over non-essentials. Let us go forward with meekness towards each other and having in mind the larger picture of the entire body of Christ. "I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought." (1 Corinthians 1:10). We have found that discussions pertaining to politics, conspiracy theories, calvinism/arminianism and others just produce strife and not the fruits of the Spirit so we ask saints not to start these discussion threads on SermonIndex.

from: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13

It is not provable that there is a flat earth or many would believe it. Let us leave speculations alone and just focus on the Words of God and our obedience to them.

2017/1/26 13:06Profile
savannah

Re: Any more Flat earth believers out there?

Mr Rogers,

May I ask you, just what are all the bright lights I see up in the sky at night?

2017/1/26 13:56Profile

Re:

A flat earth thread!!! Oh boy. I really need to stay off this forum. :-)

Brother Blaine

2017/1/26 14:07

Re:

Hi everyone!

I remember the previous flat earth thread being shut down due to the controversy, and it was interesting because it got locked right before I was able to post some thoughts and questions.

Please bear with me, if you are willing dear Greg (and others), to share my testimony regarding this whole topic.

I have even been considering emailing Greg privately to ask his opinion about introducing this topic again.

Why?

Well, I have taken to studying the Scriptures on this matter for the first time in my life during the past year and what I've been learning has been absolutely fascinating and compelling.

At the same time, I have noticed a very large amount of "junk" out there on youtube, and the world wide web, surrounding this matter (i.e. UFO's...etc).

So, while my response time may be extremely slow due to other priorities, I would be all for allowing for a Biblically based discussion on this topic.

With that said, if it gets too heated, too quickly, I would completely respect Greg's already stated desires (in the previous thread) to not "go there" in this forum.

My email address is [email protected] if anyone else would like to communicate about it otherwise.

Desiring to walk in the truth with you all,
Caleb

2017/1/26 14:27
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Flat earth

I will withdraw this topic as i don't want anyone in controversy

2017/1/26 15:21Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Caleb- not trying to be facetious at all but how can we have just a Bible based discussion on this topic?

The Bible does not contain information of any scientific discovery since 90 or so AD. Even in the pages of scripture science is not a topic.

This topic is outrageous in my opinion. Essentially all science regarding aeronautics, astronomy, geology, geography etc has to be ignored, or be pigeonholed into a vast conspiracy. The same is true of all satellite photos, transcontinental flights, photos from outer space by orbiting space stations or vehicles.

Their are rings around Saturn- you can see the circle of the rings and how they encircle that planet at the equator. The rings disappear as they go behind the planet. I can see this with my own cheap telescope. Are we to believe that the others planets in the solar system and the universe are spheres but earth is a cake pan?

2017/1/26 15:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy