SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : why stop sinning?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
luckyd

tx

why stop sinning?

I think people get the picture that since god always forgives you then its ok to keep sinning. Today I was in a bible group and a man was talking about how we shouldnt beat ourselves up but feel bad in the sense where we notice we sined and did wrong to god and try to fix it. but a kid around 15 years old said, "why feel bad at all, all you have to do is ask for forgiveness and you will still get into heaven. Or i had friends that were always smoking pot. they said just ask for forgiveness and god forgives.
If i tell someone how god suffered for us or whatever, some people will just never understand because they will always think god will forgive them, so why not enjoy life, we only live once.

I would like someone to please help me out in what i can say to people who truly believe they can keep sinning because god will forgive them and so thier whole life is full of sin. Some people i know always have sex but they go and ask for forgiveness and think they can do it again. and yes i know god does forgive all sins just so no one thinks i dont think he does. im just talking about people who know this but take advantage of god.

2005/6/10 3:55Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: why stop sinning?

luckyd
this is a great question and all the better for coming from a real situation. I'm sure others will have things to say but here is a Bible verse which should get some consideration...
Proverbs. 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

2005/6/10 4:35Profile
roadsign

Re: why stop sinning

Quote:
people get the picture that since god always forgives you then its ok to keep sinning.

It was good that you used a small 'g' when spelling god. Those who believe this do not believe in God (the true God) In thier minds they have created a false god who accommodates their way of living and thinking. That is true not only about those who have an obious sinful life style, but also those who are very pious and outwardly sin-free. In thier hearts they don't want God to be the master of their lives. They too follow a false god.

This version of distorted Christianity is called, Antinimianism - against law. It is very prevelent today. I think it is an over reaction to past perceptions of God, that he is like a tyrant ruler, always eager to punish you every time you do wrong, and always wanting to make you feel bad in order to get you to behave.

Sin is wrong because it keeps us from God and all the help he could be giving us to live a victorious life. In the long run it ruins us.

God only forgives those who have turned away from their sinful ways, and surrendered their entire lives to him - like the prodigal in the parable of Jesus. They come to him, broken and needy, not proud and self-justifying.
Diane

2005/6/10 8:10Profile
DaBookman

Re:

Romans 6:1 Shall we continue in sin that Grace may abound? GOD FORBID!!!!!!! Willfully sinning is direct disobedience to God. Hebrews 3:7-14 "Wherefore I(as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if you will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provication, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:when your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said they do always err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, they shall not enter my rest.) Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exort one another daily, while it is called to day; lest any of you be hardened through the decietfulness of sin. VS 14 - FOR WE ARE MADE PARTAKERS OF CHRIST :[size=large][color=990033]IF[/color][/size] WE HOLD THE BEGINNING OF OUR CONFIDENCE STEDFAST UNTO THE END"
You see if you sin the Holy Spirit convicts you If so be that the Spirit of God is in you. But if you do not repent in your HEART and continue in the sin there is a layer and layer of hardness that comes into the heart which eventually will cause you to turn from the lord.JAmes 5:19-20 indicates that the man who errs from the truth is in the same condition as the sinner and in danger of hells fire. you see psalm 25:14 says that you first must fear the lord before you become a partaker of the covenant promises. "The fear of the LOrd is to hate evil...." Proverb 8:13 Sin is evil. IF you do not hate your sin and Judge yourself you will be judged by the Holy JUst God. If you do not hate your sin you are not in agreement with God unless two be agreed they cannot walk together.We have been called to Holyness to reflect the Glory and Holiness of God.The Gospel message is that Christ Died and rose again.Therefore repent( change your mind and believe the word of God) for the remission of your sins (remission like cancer remits with treatment) and you will recieve the Holy Spirit.When you recieve the new spirit and the heart of flesh you cannot continue in sin (Ezek 36).If you think you can continue in sin I question your salvation. Jesus said if you love me you will obey me. HE who has no problem continueing in sin has not had the revelation of Christs love or his own wickedness.the word says that our hearts are decietfull AND DESPERATELY WICKED. REpent (change your mind and believe God) if this person thinks it is ok to keep sinning they are in unbelief which is the unpardonable sin. They are in serious danger.As the word says "MY PEOPLE parish for lack of knowledge" You have to seek God to find him. The truth is that GOd is still Holy and our flesh is still wicked GOD commands us be Holy as I am Holy. This person neither has seen God or known God. So deal with them as you would a person who is not saved. ( In other words preach the gospel to them, the cross, by the Holy Spirit. plant seeds, water, let God bring the Gain. That is my humble opinion. But I am just a young Christian. I have no wisdom of my own.

2005/6/10 9:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy