SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : International Prayer Call For Israel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It depends on how one views the "millennium".

It doesn't matter to me which view is correct, if any of them are.

2017/1/18 13:55Profile
proudpapa

Re:

1 Peter 3
10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

It would appear from the above that everything is destroyed at the "Day of the Lord" and than after that there is a new heaven and new earth.

2017/1/18 13:58Profile
docs

Re:

Yo TMK good man,

/It depends on how one views the "millennium".

It doesn't matter to me which view is correct, if any of them are./

Do you hold the same view toward soteriology and ecclesiology?

2017/1/18 14:12Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Soteriology- no way. Ecclesiology- depends what you mean by that- it's a big topic.

When I say it doesn't matter to me I didn't intend to sound flippant; but the views re eschatology are so varied and nuanced that picking one as absolutely correct seems be an impossibility- at least for me.

2017/1/18 15:30Profile
docs

Re:

On trying to understand eschatology, the best advice I ever received was to find out WHAT the Day of the Lord is and WHEN it occurs. It is the hub around which all OT eschatology is built. From the preview of the prophets all roads lead to the Day of the Lord. The Day of the Lord forms the backdrop of all New Testament eschatology. The controversy the early church birthed was that after Christ's coming the Day of the Lord was then proclaimed to be the time and the day of Christ's second coming - the day of His appearing, the day of Christ. WHAT is this day and WHEN does it occur are notable markers to build one's understanding around.

2017/1/18 16:13Profile
proudpapa

Docs

Do you believe that the "Day of the Lord" is referring to the millennium and that there is a 1,000 year gap contained in the 1 Peter 3 verses that I provided ?

2017/1/18 16:52Profile

Re: PP

I know you addressed your question to Docs. But I have been pondering this myself.

Rev. 20 speaks of the thousand-Year millennium followed the white throne judgement. Or what some call the bema. Then there is the transition into the New Jerusalem that John writes about in Revelation 21.

Based on your questions about the verses in 1st Peter 3 it would appear to be a thousand year gap that would be the millennium. And then the destruction of the Earth and a new Earth and a new Heaven period or what Revelation 21 would be the New Jerusalem. All of this would probably come under the day of the Lord. 2 Peter 3 does say that one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years has one day in the Lord's sight.

Just my thoughts brother. I have not really fleshed all of this out in the Holy Spirit as yet.

Bro Blaine

2017/1/18 17:31
TrueWitness

Re: eschatology correctness

TMK said:

Quote:
but the views re eschatology are so varied and nuanced that picking one as absolutely correct seems be an impossibility- at least for me.

http://www.larknews.com/archives/401

2017/1/19 14:11Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

TrueWitness,

Awesome link!!! Thank you for it!!

2017/1/19 14:27Profile
docs

Re:

Why isn't soteriology or ecclesiology or Christology or pneumatology mocked and made fun of in this manner? Why only eschatology? If such disagreement and a wide range of views exists shouldn't the church dig in its heels and try to come to a more common consensus on the all important doctrines of last things? After all, they are recorded in scripture and are given for our instruction. Who cares what will be what just be ready remains a highly unbiblical notion not found in scripture.

2017/1/19 17:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy