SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Greetings from the Western Edge!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChadC

Western Edge, North Dakota

Greetings from the Western Edge!

My first post here on Sermon Index, though by no means a stranger!

Having spent quite a bit of time following different threads and utilizing the wonderful collection of sermons collected here since it's beginning, this site has become an old friend.

To my great excitement, when the Principles book was launched, I discovered that it was via the same "Brother Greg" behind Sermon Index. I was deeply thankful for the level of faithfulness to the Lord and His Word which Greg and the rest of the team brought to the pages of that compilation. It is a wonderful work of encouragement which I recommend often.

My family and I were all set to launch a "Gospel Fellowship" when it was decided to forgo the more organized administration which was beginning to transpire... though I have no doubts concerning the sober minded seeking of the Lord's will which initiated this directional change, I was (and still am to some degree) saddened that such a faithful root did not continue to grow here in the U.S. (Saddened at the work I was truly hoping would pour forth from it).

Such intriguing times to watch and weigh.

Thank you for the many hours of faithful writing and wrangling which have been devoted to the many threads herein. I would have joined sooner but had not realized that Brother Greg had opened the forum back up.

The Lord's richest work in and through you all, "May He receive the reward of His suffering!"

Dizzy on the Potter's Wheel,

Brother Chad n Fam

2017/1/13 11:51Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Greetings from the Western Edge!

Welcome brother!

May our fellowship be always fruitful and of mutual encouragement.

Blessings,

2017/1/13 12:32Profile
ChadC

Re:

Thank you William!

One of my favorite ministers is from your neck of the woods... actually 2, Andrew Murray and Angus Buchan :D

I have been considering studying through SATS (South African Theological Seminary), are you familiar with it?

I have been lifting up SA the last several months, lots of moving water there at the moment, spiritually speaking.

~C

2017/1/13 12:52Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Hey Chad,

Yes, Andrew Murray's books helped change my life. And Oom (uncle) Angus is a real blessing.
I know about SATS and they seem to have a good reputation, but don't know them that well. I may be able to find out more and will let you know.

Your prayers appreciated. We are in a real transition time.

Blessings,

2017/1/13 15:59Profile
ChadC

Re:

Bedankt!

(Did Mission work in Belgium where I had to learn Vlams!)

Have a blessed evening!

2017/1/13 16:54Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
To my great excitement, when the Principles book was launched, I discovered that it was via the same "Brother Greg" behind Sermon Index. I was deeply thankful for the level of faithfulness to the Lord and His Word which Greg and the rest of the team brought to the pages of that compilation. It is a wonderful work of encouragement which I recommend often.

My family and I were all set to launch a "Gospel Fellowship" when it was decided to forgo the more organized administration which was beginning to transpire..

Brother,

Welcome to the SermonIndex forums. Thank you for your introduction to the community. Towards what you shared, I did write a personal devotion of late to share my heart of some of the working of God in my life towards involvement with a network of house churches in north america. I personally am still encouraging house churches but have changed in some of my position and thinking over the last 2 years.

the devotional is: I Was Wrong - http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=58439&forum=34

I have been working on some short books / free ebooks, and one of them is titled: "Starting a House Church" which I hope from my experiences with house church leaders and believers in North America, this short book can be constructive and helpful for those who truly want to go forward in the work of the Church.

Trust you will find encouragement and blessing in the community of believers here.

2017/1/13 19:33Profile
ChadC

Re:

Thanks for the link Brother Greg.

After reading your thoughts I heartily agree. It is so easy to get caught up in the error of the Pharisees and become legalistic along very respectable and honorable Biblical directions and convictions and even with a pure motive.

The early church was largely modeled physically after the local Synagogue and Jesus as well as the Disciples taught from the fields to the temple. Even though we individually have replaced the Temple and it's worship, the Lord can be very glorified through a meeting house which meets the needs of those meeting. I think the Lord is only overly concerned with the physicality of our place of worship when it begins to become an idol or a deterrent to His work in and through His Bride.

Thank you for your transparency Brother, may His abundant life fill us be it in a living room or Cathedral! :D

2017/1/14 18:45Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy