SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Mind of Christ- what is it?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Sree

Re:

Having the Mind of Christ, is to have our mind set on things to which Jesus's mind was set. Jesus's mind was always set on doing Father's will. Having a mind of CHrist means, we have our mind set on doing God's will in every step of our life. To deny our will and do God's will.

Our mind is not completely CHrist like. If we have literal mind of Christ then what is the need for renewal of Mind (Romans 12:1 & 2)?

Our mind is like a sponge, it will absorb everything on which it is placed. If it is set on worldly things then our mind will absorb worldly things. If it is set on spiritual things then it will absorb the same. Hence we can only renew our mind by always setting it against the pattern of the world and setting it on doing the will of God.

2017/1/10 11:40Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Paul says we have it.... and while I of course have my own ideas, I am hoping to get insights into what other saints understand regarding this-

Edgar has preached a wonderful message on this scripture truth that we have featured in the past. If some saints have not heard it:

A Beautiful Mind by Edgar Reich
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=20018&commentView=itemComments

2017/1/10 12:06Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree with Sree.

When we have the mind of Christ our thoughts are set as His are set, and we think a certain way- namely how He thinks. Of course we need to obey the HS to work this out.

As an analogy, if I have my dad's mind in regard to politics, it means I think about politics like he does. This requires at least two things: 1) that I know my dad exceedingly well and 2) that I agree with him. If either of these 2 things are not prresent, I cannot have my dads mind in regard to politics.

2017/1/10 13:47Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Thanks Brother Greg, I'll def check it out:)

And yes to brothers Sree and Todd, it seems we are saying much the same thing albeit using different terms. For the record, it wasn't my intention to present a definitive discourse so I apologize if it came off that way as there are many ways to articulate the subject matter. I guess I was hoping to get at what is and isn't so as to help with some of the frequent infighting within the body and here on SI.
It seems to me that one of the main differences between the mind of Christ and a carnal mind is the motivation... do you brethren find this to be so in your understanding as well?

2017/1/10 15:59Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I certainly agree- the mind of Christ would seem be, in the great majority of cases, others focused vs self focused, e.g. Phil. 2.

2017/1/10 17:39Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Bro JFW,
You said something in your response,that really stuck with me.

"The mind of Christ seeks to know,for the purpose of doing ,the will of our Father."

Good,and so true.

My thoughts turned to Paul,...how The Lord revealed sooo much to him,
and what Paul says,....

1Cor.9:27,
..."I keep under my body,and bring it into subjection: lest by any means,when I have preached to others,I myself should be a castaway."

( the having the mind of Christ ,...the seeing / hearing and the doing / obeying.)
Thank you JFW,for stirring our thoughts,
----------------
elizabeth

2017/1/11 16:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy