SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Mind of Christ- what is it?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

The Mind of Christ- what is it?

Paul says we have it.... and while I of course have my own ideas, I am hoping to get insights into what other saints understand regarding this-
So what's it mean to you?

2017/1/9 6:06Profile
Elibeth

Re: The Mind of Christ- what is it?

JFW,
Could it be,having our eyes and ears opened by God,that we may
see,hear, and understand Spiritually ?
That is what I am thinking.

The Lord bless you,
--------------
elizabeth

2017/1/9 6:23Profile
docs

Re:

It likely has a lot to do with having the Holy Spirit within us as part of the new creation. Our brains are physical and not yet redeemed and glorified as they will be. Our mind and brain still wants to do its own thing yet we have the Spirit within who knows the mind of God. When we start to think ungodly or unChristlike thoughts we begin to sense something is amiss and it's the Holy Spirit within us correcting our thinking and orienting our thinking back to the Father. Plus we still desire the things of God and His ways over our old ways. It's the Holy Spirit within directing even our thinking to these things.

1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,

2 FulfilLl ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5 LET THIS MIND BE IN YOU, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. (Philippians 2:1-8)

Having the mind of Christ is best expressed through humility and living for the profirt of others and not one's own self.

Also,

8 Finally, brethre, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, LET YOUR MIND DWELL on these things. (Philippians 4:8)

2017/1/9 8:46Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

I agree with Elizabeth.

To have the mind of Christ is receiving the Holy Spirit and with Him the teaching and revelation of Christ, Who He is and who we are in Him.

Blessings,

2017/1/9 8:47Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

I would like to add to what David said. Paul says in Eph. 4 that we should put off the old man, be renewed in the spirit of our mind, and put on the new man. The spirit of our mind is not our individual thoughts, it is our way of thinking, our paradigm if you will. It is the basic thought process by which we approach all that we see, hear, or experience.

We need to be renewed so that we think the way that Christ thinks. Paul said in 1 Cor. 2 that through the indwelling Holy Spirit and His constant communion with us, we have the mind of Christ. What is true in the Spirit must also become true in our mind. Be not conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of the mind.

This renewing only comes through intimacy with the Father as we give ourselves to His word and to prayer and as we remove from ourselves the things that supported the old mindset.

2017/1/9 15:19Profile
Elibeth

Bro.JFW,
I, surly would love to hear your thoughts that you have on this subject.

-------------
elizabeth

2017/1/9 23:21Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Sister Elizabeth,

Well maybe I'm more simple minded in my thinking- but for me it is simple... the mind of Christ seeks to know, for the purpose of doing, the will of God our Father. Being made alive by Holy Spirit, the mind of Christ receives the grace and uses it to act in faith. The mind of Christ, which we have received at our new birth, is nourished/renewed by every word of God. It does not seek to serve our interests but His and this is primarily expressed by love.

2017/1/9 23:50Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

And Yes, the mind of Christ sees His Father and hears His Father and when we choose to respond in faith by yielding our will to His, Christ is magnified and God is glorified:)

2017/1/9 23:58Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Bro. Flecher, ..
ABSOLUTLY,.. Wonderful,and I believe it.
Thank you...you have said it so completely.

Respectfully,
--------------
elizabeth

2017/1/10 0:34Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Discovering that the mind of Christ is, though it's only called that a time or two in scripture, is a central theme of the NT epistles. Lots of references to it, many times by presenting it in contrast to the carnal, vain, gentile, fleshly, or reprobate mind etc...
Also there are several admonitions that imply the use of or give rise to the mind of Christ, the "new man" and operations in the "spirit" are facilitated by this mind, the mind that was in Christ Jesus.
It would seem, from scripture, that this mind is incorruptible, undefiled by the things of this world and exclusively about its Fathers business. Just as the fallen flesh is perpetually seeking by its lust and desire for fulfillment to take the reigns and direct the life of the host.

Both minds are slaves...
The mind of Christ - a slave to righteousness
The carnal mind- a slave to sin

And we are "hosts" to one of these minds or spirits, one pure/righteous - the other unclean/defiled. The fruits of each of these are are evident in the life of the host. One fueled by belief in what has already been accomplished by God through Jesus - while the other is fueled by unbelief and seeks to gain through self-effort.
One is a call to eternal life through death to self, while the other is, deceptively, a call to death by seeking fulfillment of its own purpose, namely lust fueled by pride/entitlement.
One will give everything to glorify its maker-
The other will do anything to satisfy its lust.
One sees God as an end-
The other sees God as a means to its own ends.
One empties itself that it may be filled-
The other fills itself that it may be recognized by men.
Giving is the objective of one-
Getting is the objective of the other.
One is at rest
The other never gets to.

2017/1/10 9:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy