SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Secret to revival!!! vicarious individual repentance!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

Secret to revival!!! vicarious individual repentance!!!

Today's Puritan AUDIO Devotional:

A corrupt heart was the source of all!
Thomas Boston, very insightful
Play Audio! Download Audio

~ ~ ~ ~

We are as moths near a burning candle!

(Charles Spurgeon)

"Turn away my eyes from looking at vanity!" Psalm 119:37

Dear friends, do not gaze upon any sin . . .
for looking breeds longing,
and longing begets lusting,
and lusting brings sinning!

Keep your eyes right--and you may keep your heart right.

If that first woman had not looked upon the forbidden tree and seen "that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise," she would not have plucked and eaten the forbidden fruit--and we would not have been the children of sin and sorrow!

O friends, if we begin to look upon iniquity, we shall almost certainly fall! There are some sins that we poor, frail creatures cannot endure to look at. We are as moths near a burning candle--the only safety for us is to get out of the room and fly into the open air. But if we go near the candle--we shall certainly burn our wings and, perhaps, even destroy ourselves!

Just so, we must take care that we do not get used to sin. I believe that even the common reading in the newspapers of accounts of evil things is defiling to us. If we habitually read such things, we shall come, at last, to think less and less of the coarser forms of vice than we ought to do.

Nothing can keep us away from the fangs of sin, like falling into the embraces of Christ. Looking unto Jesus, is the great remedy against looking unto sin!

Turn away my eyes from vanity, my Lord, by filling them full with a vision of Yourself and holding me spellbound with that grandest spectacle that eyes of men, or angels, or even of God, Himself ever saw--the spectacle of God Incarnate bearing our sin in His own body on the Cross!

Keep your eyes fixed there--and all will be well.

~ ~ ~ ~

in Prayer
Frannie

2016/12/31 18:25Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Secret to revival!!!vicarious individual repentance!!!

"Nothing can keep us away from the fangs of sin, like falling into the embraces of Christ. Looking unto Jesus, is the great remedy against looking unto sin!

Turn away my eyes from vanity, my Lord, by filling them full with a vision of Yourself and holding me spellbound with that grandest spectacle that eyes of men, or angels, or even of God, Himself ever saw--the spectacle of God Incarnate bearing our sin in His own body on the Cross!

Keep your eyes fixed there--and all will be well."

2016/12/31 19:24Profile
TrueWitness

Re: Secret to revival!!!vicarious individual repentance!!!

I'm confused. The definition of the word "vicarious" is:

performed or suffered by one person as a substitute for another or to the benefit or advantage of another : substitutionary <a vicarious sacrifice>

So is vicarious repentance repenting on behalf of another?!?!? Seems utterly foreign to my sensibilities. Sorry. Maybe you can explain it to me so it makes sense.

2017/1/1 0:37Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"So is vicarious repentance repenting on behalf of another?!?!? Seems utterly foreign to my sensibilities. Sorry. Maybe you can explain it to me so it makes sense."

This is what true intercession is all about. It is standing in the gap and making up the hedge for the sins of another or for a nations sins. It is taking on the responsibility for the sin, and saying "we have sinned". There are many examples in the Word of God concerning this, and one such example can be found in the Book of Daniel.

"Daniel Repented on Behalf of his Nation

The great prophet Daniel also prayed a prayer of national repentance on behalf of his people, confessing sins which he was not personally guilty of." “O Lord, great and awesome God, who keeps His Covenant and mercy with those who love Him and with those who keep His commandments, we have sinned and committed iniquity, we have done wickedly and rebelled, even departing from Your precepts and Your judgments. Neither have we heeded Your servants the prophets who spoke in Your Name…O Lord, to us belong shame of face, to our kings, our princes and our fathers, because we have sinned against You…we have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God, to walk in His Laws, which He set before us by His servants the prophets. Yes, all Israel has transgressed Your law, and has departed so as not to obey Your voice; therefore the curse and the oath written in the Law of Moses, the servant of God, has been poured out on us, because we have sinned against Him…Let Your anger and Your fury be turned away from Your city Jerusalem, your holy mountain; because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Your people are a reproach to all those around us…O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act!…” Daniel 9:4-19

Concerning past revivals in Argentina:

"The revival that is taking place in Argentina right now is such an outbreak of God that churches are having to have services 23 hours a day. It was born by the ministry of an old man, Edward Miller, who went to Argentina in 1950. He said a small group of people were so gripped with so much intercession that they didn’t know if they were going to live or die. Meals were forgotten, sleep was just necessity and everything that didn’t matter eternally was forgotten about. They repented he said until there was nothing left to repent of and they still felt the need to repent. He used a phrase "vicarious repentance," to describe the repentance that took place in 1950 which birthed the move of God going on now. Vicarious repentance is when you get under such a load of sin you not only see your personal sin, but the sin of one’s city and nation and that person takes up a wailing for the sins of that city and nation. It’s a repentance that goes deeper than repenting of things we do. It’s a repenting of who we are – BOTH GOOD AND BAD. It’s birthed in weeping over our condition before the Lord. It’s what Jesus told the women who he saw the day He was crucified:"

2017/1/1 2:08Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

Thanks for clearing that up for me Mike. So what we are talking about here is vicarious confession of sin and intercession for others. Wonderful. I would suggest that the term "vicarious repentance" be abandoned since it is an impossibility. Each person is responsible for repenting of their own sin. It cannot be done for them by another.

-Daniel

2017/1/1 7:45Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: vicarious repenting?

Greetings,
I believe that as an intercessor for JESUS that is my privilege to intercede for others and I will continue to "vicariously repent" .
Jesus is our role model, He still intercedes for us daily.
THANK YOU JESUS THAT YOU DO.... I believe JESUS was the first vicarious repenter...
1. The apostle John writes in 1 John 2:1, “But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.” Though John is speaking to believers, he is not claiming that we need to be saved every time we sin. His sacrifice is once and for all time. But if we do sin we have one, namely Jesus Christ, who, on the basis of his death, calls attention to his perfect righteousness in defense of sinning saints.
2. Luke 22:31-34 is widely accepted as an earthly “high priestly” prayer. In other words, Jesus is praying effective prayers on behalf of believers (John 17 is another one) and may be of some help in understanding what his heavenly prayers are like. Luke 22 is the account of Jesus foretelling Peter’s denial. Jesus warns Peter, “Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers” (Luke 22:31-34, emphasis mine).
The biblical evidence gives us some hints as to what Christ’s intercession for us looks like: (1) He advocates for believing saints, that even though they still sin, they have the perfect righteousness of Christ—1 John 2:1. (2) He prays that though they may be faced with many temptations, none would shipwreck their faith—Luke 22:31-34.
We have every reason to believe these prayers are real. Every prayer of Jesus is answered and paid for with blood. There is no greater Christian assurance!

Praise JESUS He does.
JESUS suffered in the place for us. JESUS took the cup of suffering when He was on the cross.
SO I ask you will we take the cup of suffering and vicariously repent for this nation and our families.
I am so thankful for the people who stood in the gap for me until I surrendered to JESUS..
So with that.. I will continue to vicariously repent for my family and this nation and anyone else the LORD puts in my path while I am on this temporary path.
I know I cannot repent for anyone else, however; I can stand for my family... Acts 16:31 and I can continue to repent for this nation 2 Chron 7:14 and PUSH..
Pray Until Something Happens.. We are not fighting people... but the spirit behind the people. Ephesians 6.
I am thankful that the greatest intercessor JESUS is praying for me and us right now.. Thank you JESUS.
Hope this explains my interpretation of vicarious repenting.
in Christ
Frannie

Abraham interceded and asked the LORD if there are ten righteous LORD will you save
Yes vicarious repenting is necessary for my family, for this nation and I will stand in the gap and pray until I see an answer.
Vicariously definition, performed, exercised, received, or suffered in place of another: vicarious punishment. I will ask many others to pray also.
This is my interpretation of vicarious.

2017/1/2 18:40Profile

©2002-2017 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy