SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for my brother

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Prayer for my brother

My brother is an addict, and I am afraid he might try to take his own life. He just came over to spend christmas with me (my mom and dad are gone) and when I wouldn't lend him money, he threatened me, spat at me, called me abusive names and told me to never talk to him again. My policy is to never lend money to addicts. I buy him groceries every month, and anything else he needs, but I will not lend him money, because it will probably go to drugs. He has told me recently he has had suicidal thoughts, and I just saw a fresh needle mark in his arm. As a former addict myself, I know what I would do with money.
Please pray that Jesus would touch him and free him from the demonic shackles that hold him. (I also have reason to believe that he might be possessed.)

2016/12/25 12:35Profile
mama27

Re: Prayer for my brother

Praying!!!!!

2016/12/25 15:32Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Prayer for my brother

Praying brother, in the mighty Name of Jesus Christ!

Let us agree, by faith in that Name, nothing doubting, that your brother be delivered and saved. This mountain shall be moved, if we only believe and stretch forth the rod of authority given to us in that Name.

We shall have whatever we ask as we ask according to His will.

Amen

2016/12/25 15:42Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Thank you all for praying. I just saw my brother and had a coffee with him. He is in a much better mood. He even admitted to me he was trying to get drug money yesterday. I believe he will be saved, in God's time. Please keep praying.

2016/12/26 14:04Profile
mama27

Re:

Praise God. Have been and will continue to pray...

2016/12/26 14:25Profile

Re:

Nigel, my prayers are with you brother. I have had much experience with a brother and sister both addicts. Manipulation is one of an addicts key weapons, it is devilish of course. Loving your brother and yet not being manipulated by him will be the hardest and narrrowest of walks. With God this is possible, difficult, but possible. I think your policy of not giving your brother money is a good one, stick to that brother. Be wise as a serpant and harmless as a dove. Do not get on the roller-coaster that is your brothers life, just by being the steady one who stands on solid ground will be a lighthouse in the darkness. It will be up to your brother if he will be drawn to the light of Jesus that is in you...............bro Frank

2016/12/26 15:26

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy