SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : On The Incarnation by St. Athanasius (4th century)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 On The Incarnation by St. Athanasius (4th century)

Saints,

Written by noted bishop of Alexandria, St. Athanasius. In this apologetic treatise, St. Athanasius defends the incarnation of Christ against the derision of 4th century non-believers. St Athanasius explains why God chose to approach his fallen people in human form. He states, "The death of all was consummated in the Lord's body; yet, because the Word was in it, death and corruption were in the same act utterly abolished." St. Athanasius resolves the paradox of the Incarnate by relying heavily on both Scripture and the teachings of the early Church. St. Athanasius also answers several objections to his account, many of which are still raised against Christians today by those outside the Church. On the Incarnation was highly recommended by modern writer and Christian apologist, C.S. Lewis, who suggested that contemporary Christian audiences could benefit from reading more ancient classics. Indeed, though St. Athanasius wrote this text in the 4th century, his style is easy to follow and his concepts are of irreplaceable worth.

You can listen to this audio book on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkUHMYJ2iQw

00:00 Chapter 1 - Creation and the Fall
13:33.Chapter 2 - The Divine Dilemma & It's Solution In the Incarnation
25:56 Chapter 3 - The Divine Dilemma & It's Solution In the Incarnation (cont)
45:37 Chapter 4 - The Death of Christ
1:01:40 Chapter 5 - The Resurrection
1:17:24 Chapter 6 - Reputation of the Jews
1:40:41 Chapter 7 - Reputation of the Gentile
1:56:40 Chapter 8 - Reputation of the Gentiles (cont)
2:20:04 Chapter 9 - Conclusion

As well as mp3 files on SermonIndex: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?op=&cid=1516

2016/12/24 20:50Profile
jochbaptist

Re: On The Incarnation by St. Athanasius (4th century)

Dear Brother Greg.

I was listening to this yesterday!

Such powerfull short readings, and a consice outline of the Gospel.

I got to Chapter 3 - The Divine Dilemma & It's Solution In the Incarnation. Where he expounded on the mystery of Jesus, while being fully man, was still upholding the universe, and being in complete union with the Father!

Gave me much to think upon ...

Bless you for making this available to us.

Ps. I see there is a whole series by Art Katz on the Incarnation as well! Looking forward to that :)

2016/12/26 2:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy