Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons :  A Paradox by C. H. Spurgeon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
proudpapa

A Paradox by C. H. Spurgeon

A Paradox by C. H. Spurgeon

Topic:
Scripture(s): 2 Corinthians 12:10
Description: The expression is paradoxical, and seems somewhat singular; yet it was the experience of the apostle Paul, a man of calm spirit, by no means fanciful, a wise man, and far removed from a fanatic. It was the experience of one who was led of the Spirit of God, and therefore it was a gracious experience: the experience of one who was a father in Israel, who could safely bid us to be imitators of him, even as he imitated the Lord Jesus Christ; and therefore it was a safe experience. If we are weak, so was Paul; and if, like him, we are strong in our weakness, we shall be in the best of company. If the same things be seen in us which were wrought in the apostle of the Gentiles, we may join with him in glorying in infirmities, because the power of Christ doth rest upon us, and we may count ourselves happy that with such a saint we can cry, “When I am weak, then am I strong.” I. Perhaps I can expound the text best if I first TURN IT THE OTHER WAY UP, and use it as a warning. When I am strong, then am I weak. Perhaps, while thinking of the text thus turned inside out, we shall be getting light upon it to be used when we view it with the right side outwards, and see that when we are weak, then we are strong. I am quite sure that some people think themselves very strong, and are not so...

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=13115&commentView=itemComments

2016/12/22 14:08Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: A Paradox by C. H. Spurgeon

Thank you for this post!!

When I am weak I am strong!,, CHspurgeon is one of my favorites!!
Paul teaches us in Ephesians 6:10 we are to be Strong in the Lord!! We are then weak in our flesh!
He then can move through us because we are strong in Him and weak in ourselves !! May we all be strong in the Lord and the power of His might!!!
Blessings

2016/12/31 18:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy