SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Serious Legal/Spiritual Question and Advice

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Serious Legal/Spiritual Question and Advice

All,

I have a very serious question and have offered my own thoughts on this but would greatly value some further input. I recently heard a story (I do not know this individual personally) about an individual who has been saved for a short time that made a serious confession.

Many years ago before this person was saved this individual confessed to their Pastor that he murdered six people and wants to turn himself in. When I say years ago, I believe it was about 20 plus years and this person had since gotten married and has a family.

He is convicted in his spirit and plans on turning himself in after the new year. He realizes he will probably go to prison for life and possibly worse.

I know Tim and Todd have legal backgrounds and just curious to what they might think.

This individual has discussed this with his family and they all seem to be on board.

I am praying this individual does not grow faint in heart and that the Lord will give him the strength and courage to do the good he knows and has been convicted to do.

2016/12/22 7:00Profile
leyoung

Re: Serious Legal/Spiritual Question and Advice

This man is doing the right thing and would be miserable if he did not.
God will be glorified if a man obeys God even in such a horrible set of circumstances. I agree with you in your prayer, Dfella.
L

2016/12/22 7:51Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

David- Tim would have much more insight as I think he does some criminal defense work.

Do you know the circumstances of these killings?

I have read of other cases where someone turns themselves in years after the crime and it could result in favorable treatment but with 6 killings I can't see that happening- but by confessing he would avoid the death penalty- I think.

2016/12/22 9:03Profile
proudpapa

Re:

The Two scenario's from the Scripture that I can think of is Moses and David, I do not recall either one of them bringing themselves under the wrath of the Legal/Justice system.

2016/12/22 10:51Profile

Re:

PP surely you cannot be suggesting that he does not take himself in?

2016/12/22 12:30
proudpapa

awakened

All that I am doing is providing the Scriptures that come to mind.

Can anyone think of any Scriptures that gives an example of someone whom got things right with the Lord and than afterwards went about making reconciliation by turning themselves over to secular legal/Justice system ?

Moses murdered a man, he fled the legal/Justice system untill the Lord pointed out to him that those whom would have prosecuted him where now dead and therefore it now was safe for him to return.

David did get things right with the Lord but this did not include him making reconciliation by bringing his deed before the legal/Justice system and embracing the punishment that that system of the time required.

2016/12/22 12:50Profile

Re: Turn himself in?

If he is a Christian then God has Justified him and totally forgiven him. All of sins were dwelt with by Christ on the cross and he is a new creation. God does not remember his sin anymore at all.

2016/12/22 13:50
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

If he is being convicted by the Holy Spirit to do so he has no other recourse but to obey - unless he wants to lose his salvation and be miserable.

There is this thing of reconciliation that should happen between the offender and the victim whether the offence is punishable by law or not. Remember Zaccheaeus...remember what Jesus said after he declared his intention to reimburse people he had defrauded? "Salvation is come to your house." No sweeter words could have been said.

Sandra

2016/12/22 14:21Profile

Re: convicted by the Holy Spirit

I am not sure how the Holy Spirit can convict him of a sin that God does not remember.

No I do see him losing his salvation.

2016/12/22 14:28
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Obviously, I am not a Calvinist...

Sandra

2016/12/22 14:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy