Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : THE GLORY OF CHRIST by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 THE GLORY OF CHRIST by David Wilkerson

In recent weeks I’ve sought the Lord for a word that would give me peace amid all the unnerving bad news.

I heard the Holy Spirit whisper, “David, behold the glory of Christ. That is what will keep you anchored in peace.”

“Thank you, Lord,” I prayed. “But what really is the glory of Christ?”

To me, His glory comes down to something I need and understand: loving kindness. This is more than just Christ’s kindness. It is His loving kindness — then it is his tender loving kindness.

This may be but one facet of His glory. But it is how we need to see Christ — the exact likeness of the heavenly Father, who is caring, tender, loving and kind to His children.

Paul beheld Christ’s glory every morning. This much-afflicted servant of God woke up on many days deeply troubled. There were countless times when he was cast down and perplexed. But Paul stirred his soul to look up so he might behold the glory of Christ — meaning, the mercy and loving kindness of the person of Christ. As Paul did this, the Holy Spirit renewed him with strength to face each day.

Jeremiah wrote this prophecy: “Let him that glorieth glory in this, that He understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise loving kindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight” (Jeremiah 9:24).

Note the very first item in this list of things God delights in: loving kindness. His message to us is clear: We are called to glory in his loving kindness.

David testified in the Psalms, “All thy waves and thy billows are gone over me. Yet the Lord will command His loving kindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life” (Psalm 42:7–8, my italics).

2016/12/16 7:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy