SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Laying It All Down...David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Laying It All Down...David Wilkerson

Laying It All Down....David Wilkerson

When Jesus went to the cross...

Show to us what it means to lay down Your life for another.
This is really getting to the depth of the cross.

"Therefore doth My Father love Me, because I lay down My life, that I might take it again." John 10:17
"No man taketh it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of My Father." John 10:18

Jesus was saying..."Look, I have a choice." "I don't have to go this path of laying down my life."
"I have a choice. I can take it or I can lay it down."

We have that same choice. That's what the cross is speaking to us...He laid down His life...
He chose to do it...Did He winch when they laid Him down? He could have called at anytime.
He could have chosen in the garden of Gethsemane after He shed bloody tears...
He could have said, "No, I don't have to do this." He could have chosen another route.
He could have called down when they pierced Him with the first nail.
He could have called down a host of heaven and stopped it and said, "There has to be another way."

He didn't say, "I can't take it." He never said, "This is too much for me." He's unselfish...

How selfish I know my heart has been some time when I have thought, even spoken those words...
Jesus never did. But I've said it, "This is enough...I can't handle it anymore."
Have you been there? Some of you are there right now.
You say, "I can't....how can God be in this...how can this be?"

I know people that lay down their lives for others. There are people who will lay down their lives for people in need. I don't know how they do it. There's some people I watch and I see there's something supernatural...
About how they keep giving...without murmuring...without complaining...without selfishness...
Without thinking this, "I'm the only one going through this. My trial's the greatest trial of all."

Don't worry I've been there..

"For this reason because I lay down my life by choice...For this reason my Father loves me." (John 10:17)
"Because I lay down my need, my life for the sheep."
There's never been in needier hour in all of history when we need those who will lay down their life...
We're not considering their own difficulties first...but we have their eye and their heart attention set on
finding the needs of others...and...There's a special love of God that goes to these people.

He says, "Do you want to know why Father loves me? For this reason. Because I lay my life down for others."
"I chose to lay my life down."
I want to make that choice too...to lay my life down for the sheep, for the brothers...
Here's what the scripture says in 1 John 3:16, "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because He laid down His life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren."

He is saying, "Here's how the world is going to know...not by your shouts...not by just your preaching...
Because you have such a love for one another, you're laying down your lives."

And the world can't comprehend that. But if there's anything that breaks through gross darkness,
it's the love in the body of Christ....you need the love....I need the love...
We need to be surrounded by people who love Jesus Christ, and who care about you,
and then you allow them to care for them.

2016/12/15 13:43
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Laying It All Down...David Wilkerson

Amen sister.

Loving one another as Christ loved us.......a beautiful thing

2016/12/15 15:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy